Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Bernie is in \'The Well\'

What do you believe is the future of Limit holdem online and live as far as difficulty in games and the amount of games?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:04 AM

How soft is Muckleshoot? What limits/games do you play there?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:05 AM

Hey bernie

Some of those guys you mentioned as older posters weren't here before me, and I'm member 3498! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Have you ever made a serious run at bigger games than you currently play? If yes, why'd you move back down? If not, why not?

What poker flaw is most prevalent among the best posters on 2+2?

What's your favorite Mother Love Bone track? I'd have loved to be in Seattle around that time...

-McGee
Old 08-28-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you believe is the future of Limit holdem online and live as far as difficulty in games and the amount of games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Online will be even tougher, not really sure if it will fizzle there. Not sure what the player pools are like in the higher limits so someone else may have a better gauge on that, but it does have a slight trickle down effet to a point. Even in 6 max games. It will resurge a little once the laws change in the US.

Live: I think there'll always be live games. They'll slowly get tougher to an extent. I think 10-20 should be good for a long while. I think eventually it will become what 4-8 is today as far as market.

In bigger markets higher limits will be good. Some markets, probably smaller, will have more limit than no limit. I'm still not sold that no limit will last the way it is now.

But who knows, in the next 10 years another game may spread like wildfire. And LA will still be Candyland. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b
Old 08-28-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How soft is Muckleshoot? What limits/games do you play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty soft.

Up to 20-40.(which has now, regularly, moved to Lil's)

One problem with playing up here(statewide) is higher limits just don't run enough if you really want to play higher. That tends to restrict moving up in limits and puts a ceiling on just how high you can play without having to move to either LA or Vegas.

b
Old 08-28-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey bernie

Some of those guys you mentioned as older posters weren't here before me, and I'm member 3498! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure about that? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever made a serious run at bigger games than you currently play?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I should've. I held myself to overly strict BR standards. Kinda pussy, really. The jump in limits was also a bit bigger. I didn't like the idea of doing a double limit jump then spending that much more time rebuilding my roll if I took a hit. I much prefer 1/2 limit jump.

I also get sick of playing/burned out much easier over the last couple years(when I started playing higher) than when I first started. Might have something to do with playing live, online, reading about it, writing about it and etc...full bore for a few years. But I wasn't playing near the hours I used to to build a roll and take a shot.

I did have one time when I moved down from 20-40. I jumped into a gravy game and lost about 10 racks over 2 months running absolutely horrible. In fact it took me about 6 hours to just drag my first pot at 20-40. Eventually I moved back up and didn't have a problem. But it really sucked to start a new limit that way.

[ QUOTE ]
What poker flaw is most prevalent among the best posters on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Among the best posters? I'm assuming those would be higher limit guys. I think their games are pretty notched up and their flaws would probably be pretty minimal as far as someone really exploiting them or noticing them on a glance without taking a hard look at their games. Alot of their fine-tuning comes with very close EV decisions.

If anything, they might forget about a certain texture that they haven't played in awhile once they get used to their own games. Sometimes you do overread a situation because of what you're used to. Usually resulting in an overaggro move. But it's still probably better to err on the side of aggression anyways. That's a tough question.

[ QUOTE ]
What's your favorite Mother Love Bone track? I'd have loved to be in Seattle around that time...

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to listen to Shine all the time. I put it on endless repeat and fall asleep to it. 'til I lent it out and my cousin lost it. Pissed me off. I've since replaced it at a nice price.

I guess anything off Shine. Stargazer, This is Shangrila, Bone China(great cruising tune) Stardog Champion off Apple. But all the tunes have something cool in them. I guess Mr Danny Boy is my least favorite.

Seattle was fun around that time. But it was fun seeing guys from Alice, MLB and My Sister's Machine hanging out at the Off Ramp(now El Corazone. Seattle's version of The Rainbow Bar & Grill in LA) once in awhile. Or the Doghouse restaraunt(Alice has an old song about the Doghouse which was on a recording by New American Shame). I think when that place closed it was the beginning of the end. Back then the bands would intermingle a bit more and it was a bit freer. It also wasn't quite as dark both lyrically and musically as it got a couple years later. Alice was a good example of that. Some of their earlier, bootleg stuff is much brighter and funner than their 2nd album and on. But then, that just could've been the heroin effect. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Then about 2 years later everyone got 'too cool for the room.' Noses were in the air and the big guns had moved on and got signed. Then it was like as fast as the scene was here, it was gone. All that were left of the regulars at the Off Ramp were the drug addicts. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

One gem album, if you can find it, is a band called Warbabies. Great album, but not 'seattle' enough to get a real push in the market when they came out.

Bathtub Gin was another great band that broke all the beer sales records in bars whenever/wherever they played. Got signed, big tour planned and a few decided they didn't want to travel. Seattle's version of AC/DC.

Another great, more known project was Mad Season.

Anyways, I could go on and on about back then. It was nice to be one of the only guys with long platinum hair back then. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b
Old 08-28-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Louie Landale seemed to have quietly given great advice/ideas over the years.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a name I haven't heard for quite a while, and yes he did make a lot of great posts.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 AM

Hi bernie. Thanks for going into The Well. I've seen you post, and I enjoy reading them. I generally ask most of these same questions to people who go into The Well. I hope you don't mind. As a mark of sincerity I have typed them out by hand for you.

How often do you play poker?

What was the longest single session you have played?

What is the largest pot you have ever won?

What are the biggest BB downswings you have had at a couple limits? How did you feel about them?

Have you ever played in any live HU freezouts?

You've said you play tighter than most. What do you think your VPIP is in your live and online FR games?

WITHEG recommends default open-raising from the button with a certain 41% of hands (22+, A2s+, A3o+, K2s+, K9o+, Q5s+, Q9o+, J7s+, J9o+, T8s+, T8o+, 97s+, 98o+, 86s+, 75s+, 65s+) in full to 3 handed games. What do you think of this?

You are hosting a limit hold 'em home game. You may pick the number of seats and the stakes. You can choose to invite absolutely any person ever living or deceased and they will accept. Who do you invite and what stakes will you play?

Do you type in the little 'b' at the end of your posts each time, or is that some form of 'signature'?

Who is your favourite intellectual figure of all time?

What, if any, sports have you played? What are your favourite sports?

What is your favourite pizza topping?

If you could be any other person in the world, who would it be?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you play poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Used to be about 30 hours a week live + some extra hours online. Now I'm on hiatus and enjoying it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
What was the longest single session you have played?

[/ QUOTE ]

17 hours.

[ QUOTE ]
What is the largest pot you have ever won?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably about $1200-1300.

[ QUOTE ]
What are the biggest BB downswings you have had at a couple limits? How did you feel about them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Combined with online and live about 400BBs. It sucked.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever played in any live HU freezouts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Not a big fan of HU play.

[ QUOTE ]
You've said you play tighter than most. What do you think your VPIP is in your live and online FR games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Online I'm about 18%. Live I'm a little looser since the games aren't as aggressive. Probably about 20%.

[ QUOTE ]
WITHEG recommends default open-raising from the button with a certain 41% of hands (22+, A2s+, A3o+, K2s+, K9o+, Q5s+, Q9o+, J7s+, J9o+, T8s+, T8o+, 97s+, 98o+, 86s+, 75s+, 65s+) in full to 3 handed games. What do you think of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the blinds are tight both preflop and post I see it. If they're loose I might tighten it up a bit. But I really don't see anything wrong with opening with all those.

[ QUOTE ]
You are hosting a limit hold 'em home game. You may pick the number of seats and the stakes. You can choose to invite absolutely any person ever living or deceased and they will accept. Who do you invite and what stakes will you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Homegame to me means fun. So it'd be low stakes and I'd invite my deceased Dad, Grandad and recently lost Aunt to the table. Then I'd fill it in with various others that just like to play the game for fun. Just listening to my Grandad and Aunt(his sister) go at each other would be well worth the price of admission. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Do you type in the little 'b' at the end of your posts each time, or is that some form of 'signature'?

[/ QUOTE ]

I type it. I guess it is a form of signature. I can't make a signature on here for some stupid reason. I also can't put an avatar on which pisses me off. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Who is your favourite intellectual figure of all time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Francisco d'Anconia. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Actually, I've never really thought about it. My mind is drawing a blank. I guess I could say Da Vinci, but that's kind of a cop out answer.

[ QUOTE ]
What, if any, sports have you played? What are your favourite sports?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was athletic as a kid. Then I broke my shoulder in wrestling in HS. Played baseball, football, soccer and wrestled.

Fav is easily football. Specifically college football. Go Dawgs!

[ QUOTE ]
What is your favourite pizza topping?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pepperoni, ham and extra sauce.

[ QUOTE ]
If you could be any other person in the world, who would it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably some kid in grade school who's biggest dilemma is trying to get some girl in the tire at recess. Life was so simple and easy back then. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

b
Old 08-28-2007, 02:16 PM

What was the one thing that made everything start to click for you?(book,2+2,friends,experience,etc.)

What stakes would you compare 6/12-10/20 live to online?
Closed Thread