Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-26-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Shiddy river spot

Unknown. Anyone fold the flop?

Full Tilt 8/16 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (9 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero???
Old 08-26-2007, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Shiddy river spot

Flop is prolly a muck. But i cant make it. In particular at Full LAG Poker.

I am not sure you need to raise the flop if you want to continue in this hand. What does UTG check here that will call? I dont think he has a pp so AK is prolly the only hand that will peel if you just call. Is that a disaster?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:53 AM

MP bets 5 handed on a very dry board. What do you expect to beat here with 44 ? His Coldcall Preflop could easily include a Q or a bigger PP.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:57 AM

c/f? I can't see much that he calls a floo c/r and a turn bet with on this very dry board. AK he would likely have raised preflop, AQ beats you, AJ just hit, AT? Somewhat unlikely that he'd call the turn with the Q on board. So imo his most likely hand is either a pocket pair, which always beats you, or a weakish queen fearing a deuce or a better queen.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure you need to raise the flop if you want to continue in this hand. What does UTG check here that will call? I dont think he has a pp so AK is prolly the only hand that will peel if you just call. Is that a disaster?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we have the best hand it would seem like a disaster to let the other 2 peel, but then again when MP bets 5 way we often don't have the best hand. I'm never sure how often we need to be ahead to raise for protection. Still, if we're ahead and call we can expect both others to peel in a pot of this size, and then the best we can hope for is MP to check through the turn and then we have to dodge so many outs twice, plus not get bluffed out.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:05 AM

I missed that BB was behind you as well.

But do you think they peel with KJ, AT, JT and stuff like that for 1 bet? If they do I agree you should raise if continuing.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:35 AM

One player left to act and some random player finds a bet 5-ways on a super dry flop when I'm on a crappy pp? Call me nitty but I'm done. When I'm ahead Villain has at least 6 outs. When I'm behind I'm drawing razor thin. Plus there are several players left to act. Someone tell me why I should be excited about continuing. I'm happy to learn.