Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-22-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Whiff flop, bang turn

[ QUOTE ]
Flop I thought was a standard c/r, I think protecting my hand is worth more than the chance it gets checked through?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point and since pot is big its nice to get rid of hands with just one overcard.

The thing is tho, when button bets you might not have anything to protect. A lot of players will check whiffed overcards on that flop 4-ways.

Dunno I guess you should expect people to c-bet with oc's on that particular flop. I know I would.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:24 AM

this hand sucks. i don't really want to c/r vs. button's flop betting range, and i don't really want to bet vs. a ton of limpers + his preflop range. ideally i want to check and have it bet and raised so i can fold.

anyway, you got another decent result - it checked through so now you know your hand was probably good on the flop. the problem is, that turn card probably just killed your hand. i would now check again hoping that one of the limpers would bet so i can fold. but now that doesn't happen and the pfr bets. here i don't see why you raised because i don't see him 2-barreling AJ/AK/KJs, and i again don't like my hand very much. it's call or fold. vs. me it's a fold because i think he shouldn't be betting many worse hands. i think it's a fold vs. most. you're going to see what you saw a big % of the time, QJs, KQ, or AQ. as played, yeah i would c/f river.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:15 AM

wierd hand
I've been trying to find more places to donk flops multiway, and I think this is one. with this many people in the pot I think that button is going to be taking a free card a lot of the time with his overcard hands

I think check and assess is the right play on the turn. as it came down the raise seems bad because that Q hits a lot of the hands that the pfr checked behind and noone else seems interested in the pot
Old 08-22-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop I thought was a standard c/r, I think protecting my hand is worth more than the chance it gets checked through?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point and since pot is big its nice to get rid of hands with just one overcard.

The thing is tho, when button bets you might not have anything to protect. A lot of players will check whiffed overcards on that flop 4-ways.

Dunno I guess you should expect people to c-bet with oc's on that particular flop. I know I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I agree with this. Betting out puts a lot of pressure on MP's with PFR on the button and you can represent a 5 more credibly than with a c/r. I guess this depends on how the table is playing (do they ever fold flops, how agressive is Button). If Button is agressive i prefer betting, then 3 bet when there are (loose)callers or just call when I get hu (possibly folding on later streets depending on board and opposition).
Old 08-22-2007, 09:35 AM

I always donk TP in 4+-way hands. c/r turn is bad. check/fold turn.