Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Whiff flop, bang turn

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (5.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero???
Old 08-21-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Whiff flop, bang turn

reads?

I like a c/c here slightly more than a b/f, and that only slightly more than a c/f. I don't know how often he'll call down with an AJ type hand, and I can't see him playing 66-99 this way, so either you're turning your hand into a bluff, or should give him a chance to bluff.

Depending on player c/f may be correct.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:08 PM

wow man.and it`s me playing out of order,i don`t like this play.expensive and probably not profitable
Old 08-21-2007, 11:19 PM

I'm not sure what's going on here. I can understand going for the risky flop c/r since it's a pretty good flop for AK-AJ to c-bet but it's really hard to see anyone who doesn't to bet the turn. As played c/c is your worst river option imo.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:20 PM

Any particular reason you decided not to donk the flop 5-ways?

It's certainly possible BU is taking a shot at the turn with AK/AJ, but I don't know how likely it is. Raising wouldn't have occurred to me, frankly. But ok. We're on the river and up against either a Q or A-high probably. 66-99 find a fold on the turn I'd think. So, does Villain bluff when checked to ever? I don't think so. Does A-high call ever? I'm not sure. If we're showing down we probably need to bet/fold. But I'm thinking it may be better to c/f since he probably doesn't bluff much.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 PM

I kind of like a turn c/c, I dont think you need to be too worried about protecting your hand here....
Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 PM

Well he can't have a PP here. So either the Q hit him or it didn't. Unless you have a read your one bet is best when made not called. If I don't know my opponent I don't like to C/F in a 10BB pot in this spot.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:54 PM

Another point to consider here is that even when we bet/lose it's not like it's a complete loss. We purchased the right to value bet many more future rivers. add that to the equation and I like bet/fold even more.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:55 AM

Dont drink and play poker Sharpie. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I usually donk the flop 4 ways here.

Turn c/r is beyond me. After the flop checks through I would have bet it. Since you checked I think a c/c is better than c/r. Protecting you hand in smallish pot is not worth it IMO.

River is close. He has Qx or KJ. If you think he is dumb enough to bluff his KJ you can c/c. Otherwise its prolly a c/f.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont drink and play poker Sharpie. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I usually donk the flop 4 ways here.

Turn c/r is beyond me. After the flop checks through I would have bet it. Since you checked I think a c/c is better than c/r. Protecting you hand in smallish pot is not worth it IMO.

River is close. He has Qx or KJ. If you think he is dumb enough to bluff his KJ you can c/c. Otherwise its prolly a c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, unfortunately I was sober. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Flop I thought was a standard c/r, I think protecting my hand is worth more than the chance it gets checked through?

On the turn I didn't think my equity was great on that card, and I'm thinking it won't get checked through much, and I can see the action and decide. FWIW I ran a rough stove and I was like under 20% once the turn card hits before any betting. The turn check/raise I have no idea, was a fly by the seat of my pants play.

FWIW I checked the river not knowing wtf to do if he bets, and he checked through KQ.