Default Re: BBVL, help me pick a game system, win $$$

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
price is not an issue

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. why don't you buy all 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh. because i have a wife who would most likely not appreciate that.

[/ QUOTE ]
she's cheating on you! dump her
Old 08-12-2007, 11:21 PM

ty, sent $10 to oobiingzoo (indianapolis), you should have it in a few minutes.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wii
Pro - Super fun games, even though they're aimed at kids. I have not met anyone who's played it who didn't love it. Also, way cheaper.
Con - Made for kids. Nowhere near as powerful as the others. Not a DVD player.

PS3
Pro - Cheapest Blu Ray DVD player. Game selection getting better. Backwards compatible if you have a PS2.
Con - Still the most expensive. Game selection not great.

Xbox 360
Pro - Good game selection. Reasonable price compared to PS3. Backwards compatible to Xbox. Selling a lot more units than the PS3 so if you play online there's more people to play against.
Con - Not next-gen DVD player (just a regular DVD). Has some issues with the hardward that's caused fatal errors, although MS has upped the warranty.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty good, any more detailed thoughts on whether the game selection for PS3 is going to keep improving to the point of making it worth buying over the 360?
also stars name?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is 360 not a next gen DVD player? Its not a blu ray player but does play HD dvds. BluRay will not be the medium for years, HD is next in line, bluray is far far down the road. And ps3 game selection getting better? They have 3 games coming out in the next 3 months that anyone is excited about. 360 has sold most units, wii is catching, they're giving away ps3s the sales are so bad.

Wii online is nowhere near 360s online. You gotta pay for 360 but thats actually better. They fix bugs immediately, no cheats, constant updates, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 360 is not an HD DVD Player unless you buy the separate upgrade, making it comparable in price to the PS3. Blu-ray has better selection than HD DVD at this point, although the race between them is hardly over. This is pretty much the only place that the PS3 currently enjoys an advantage though.

The exclusive games on XBox are generally much better than PS3 and there is a wider selection, both of games in general and in exclusives. Also many games are being ported from the 360 to the PS3, making play on the 360 better.

As far as Elite vs Premium 360's, get the Elite, the bigger hard drive is definitely worth getting, plus it has HDMI (although new Premiums are starting to come with this as well).
Old 08-12-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wii is great, but only with a friend. Games are limited and quite childish and will be a bore by yourself after a few weeks.

PS3 is overpriced, and doesn't even run at full expectation. The games are all running 30 FPS, while 360 is running at 60 FPS. All that means is 360s games have far better graphics at the moment then PS3. There aren't many good games on ps3 and they lost their exclusive rights to GTA which is one game they were really banking on to only be released on ps3.

360 is great, with the elite or normal system you're getting about anything you want for half the price of the ps3. HD-DVD player, hard drive, wireless controllers. The games are finally reaching potential of 360 and are all great. BioShock is coming out soon and so is Halo. If you're into sports, madden is at the top level its ever been. Been playing it since Saturday and can't put it down.

If you want games for free/before they come out its easy as hell to mod or you can even send it in to get modded for not much. PS3 is pointless to mod as BlueRay burner is too much and blueray discs make it cheaper to probably just buy the game.

If you're going for tons of games and great graphics get 360.

If live with a group of people and don't care about graphics/just wanna [censored] around drunk then get the Wii.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok this is also very good. you win too if you would be kind enough to elaborate on the differences b/w regular 360 and eliteo and provide your stars name

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars is same as this, oobiingzoo

The elite looks better (personal opinion), its black instead of white.

But they added a heatsink to the CPU which was the problem with the system failing constantly and making everyone send their systems in to repair. I've had my 360 since launch and never had a problem, I dont put it on its side or in a close space where the air can't circulate.

It also has a 120 GB hard drive as opposed to the 20 GB. I still haven't filled up my 20 GB but hey, if you like puttin' [censored] on there I guess its for you. The elite is $530 as opposed to $350 for the premium 360. It is also HDMI capable, while the premium is not. HDMI = better then HD, most newer plasmas have the insert for it. I can't notice the difference (have HDMI DVD Player on 62 plasma) but technically its better.

So basically, black / $200 more / 120 GB HD / HDMI ready.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, the Elite is $450, the Premium is $350, while the PS3 is $500.

If you get the HD DVD player for the 360 it is $180, plus you get 5 HD DVDs.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
price is not an issue

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. why don't you buy all 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh. because i have a wife who would most likely not appreciate that.

[/ QUOTE ]
she's cheating on you! dump her

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is worthless without pics!

esp. considering there's no prenup so i cant really afford them all if we get divorced unless i have proof [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 12:56 AM

bump one time for maple leafs stars name, either post it here or PM it to me if you want your $10.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:06 AM

Wii is backwards compatible as well you can download all the old games from internets for WII even [censored] from SNES.

Kid Icarus just came on...awesome.

Reasons for Mulitplayer it is the most fun b/w Wii and Xbox. Haven't played PS3 mulitplayer.

Good new games out/coming out;

Tiger Woods 08
Madden 08 (I have 07 it is awesome)
Mariokart
Super Smash Bros
Godfather

Also there is the Wii Wheel, Wii Zapper which is pretty freakin awesome let alone the greatness of truly great motion sensing controls. Simple enough for the wife to join you when you play. Wii Fit is also coming out if she/you needs to lose weight.

It's just a fun console, I've never been a truly hardcore gamer but this is fun, cheap and everyone enjoys it.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:24 AM

Doc. 360 is not close. Also <3
Old 08-13-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wii is backwards compatible as well you can download all the old games from internets for WII even [censored] from SNES.

Kid Icarus just came on...awesome.

Reasons for Mulitplayer it is the most fun b/w Wii and Xbox. Haven't played PS3 mulitplayer.

Good new games out/coming out;

Tiger Woods 08
Madden 08 (I have 07 it is awesome)
Mariokart
Super Smash Bros
Godfather

Also there is the Wii Wheel, Wii Zapper which is pretty freakin awesome let alone the greatness of truly great motion sensing controls. Simple enough for the wife to join you when you play. Wii Fit is also coming out if she/you needs to lose weight.

It's just a fun console, I've never been a truly hardcore gamer but this is fun, cheap and everyone enjoys it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya the only thing about the wii is that im married and just moved to a new city so there arent drunk dudes over here all the time.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:35 AM

annnnd speaking of new city, any 2p2ers in the ATL area who smoke good pot feel free to PM me if you can help me find some.