Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 02:09 AM

Default 5/10 66 in EP

I feel like I misplayed this hand horribly. Advice or critiques on all streets are appreciated.

Villian is LAP according to PokerTracker - 21 / 19 / 1.85AF after 90 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (13.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 17.20 BB
Old 02-24-2006, 02:43 AM

Default Re: 5/10 66 in EP

Don't checkraise the river. If you want to get more bets in 3-bet the turn.

I think its wrong to put anymore raises in after villain raises the turn. Its unlikely he'll call a scary check/3-bet with AKo then raise when he hit a K on the turn. At least thats what I think.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:48 AM

I fold preflop - but if you think you can get value out of the hand then its fine with me.

I like the flop but I'd three bet the turn.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think its wrong to put anymore raises in after villain raises the turn. Its unlikely he'll call a scary check/3-bet with AKo then raise when he hit a K on the turn. At least thats what I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that your average 18% PFRer is good enough at poker to care much about scary checkraises. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2006, 04:06 AM

fold preflop. seriously.

[censored] 22-88.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that your average 18% PFRer is good enough at poker to care much about scary checkraises. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its only over 90 hands. He could've just had a lot of raisable hands.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:17 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

90 hands is nothing so don't base the decisions to much on the stats.

Flop is good, a bet would be OK too though.

I think it's close but i would vote for a turn 3-bet. We are afraid of KK and 88. Say he's playing 88 like this 33% of the time. We are then behind 3+1=4 combos. To 3-bet we have to expect to be ahead of 8 combos, making a 2:1 ratio.

I think villain has AA sometimes, AK is unlikely, but maybe some percentage of the time. QQ, JJ? + Some other random combos and i think we can make it 8, since we have to take into account that he *may* be the kind of player his stats suggest, namely over agressive.

But really, the EV difference cannot be too big between the two in this spot.

And if you just call the turn, you should also just call the river. To checkraise here is inconsistent.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:38 AM

I'm capping the turn. I think we are ahead of the villain most of the time. There are plenty of 5/10ers that will call this flop action with AK. They just can't let it go. Any pair AA-88 is also possible. Your river check/raise tells me that you thought you were ahead also. You therefore gain nothing by c/r'ing the river when you could have capped the turn. The way you played it you could have missed 2 extra bets if he checked behind you on the river, Cheers, Mahogany17
Old 02-24-2006, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a somewhat similar hand yesterday when I lost to a higher set. I took the line b/c turn, b/c river. That way we're risking one BB less (compared to 3-betting turn and not folding to a cap) and we're sure to get a bet in on the river. What do you think about that?

Some people are so overly aggressive that it's tough without a read. At my limits this could very well be AK even if it's not that likely in this case.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:10 AM

Fold Pre-Flop, the whole hand plays very differently after that.