Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: 100NL: Big River Bluff of almost 100BB

I expect him to fire the turn with a lot of his big hands but check down his ones with showdown value. However, I think its very difficult for him to look me up after I shove in a similar spot before and show him a thin valuebet.

this thread has been frustrating to say the least :/. I don't know what that equity calculation is suppose to tell me? Its a bluff. Yes I had decent equity versus his range on the flop, prob. one of the things I factored into my decision to bet it.

If your not good at handreading or you don't play these limits (no offence guys) plz don't make like 12 posts in a bluff thread.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 PM

I didn't read everything in the thread here but my gut reaction to the hand was that your line looks like either a bluff or you spiked a set of jacks or tens.

You know the history - if you always show up with the goods against him and he makes tight folds I think this could be okay.

Since you said you never 3bet him, though - I don't really think his flop calling range is weighted towards 66-99. If he's even calling the 3bet with a hand like 77 he's probably doing it to setmine and will just fold unimproved on the flop (since he's going to give you a lot of credit the rare times you do 3bet him).
Old 07-13-2007, 11:38 PM

yes I agree. I just think ppl like to put you on AK so much that he's going to peel this flop a lot regardless of how much I bet. My only regret is I didn't size the flop bet correctly to have ~1 PSB remaing.

But yes, I'm obviously hoping he folds hands like QQ/KK here or that he's peeling a lot with medium strength hands like 88 or whatever didn't hit a set (not gunna look).

The first 5 posts just made my head explode. I wouldn't read em if I were u. Sorry maybe I just over-reacted. The guy who said bet 3/4 pot just made my head explode thats all :/. I was more looking for what ppl thought they would have in villians shoes and what'd they put me on.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:56 AM

i think the only hand you get to fold is QQ. he shouldnt be floating the flop with AK.. thats just bad. he would raise or fold, and (usually fold).
and i doubt this guy is calling the flop with less than TT, given the fact that you rarely 3 bet him.
i prefer shoving turn or just giving up on the river as played. i think you run into TT, JJ, and AA too often and those arent folding.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:11 AM

Anyone not like flop call on hand 1?
Old 07-14-2007, 04:15 AM

I don't like it. This is so transparant.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone not like flop call on hand 1?

[/ QUOTE ]
hand 1 is terrible (flop is especially bad). villain happend to have the ONLY hand that pays off there.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:13 AM

I think this bluff looks good. Pocket pair for set value is his most likely holding if called a reraise preflop and then flat called a flop bet. I'd put him on 66-1010 here as I dont see him checking behind on the turn if he has any kind of set or an overpair (unless it's QQ)...what would be the point of that in his view? If he floated you on the flop surely he would've bet the turn, otherwise what would be the point of floating you. And floating the flop would be a very tricky manouvre in this situation as it means his whole stack will have to go in on the turn on a bluff...so I think that can be ruled out.

I think its a good line overall, cant really see him looking you up with an underpair here.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he is a solid player as you stated, I think you get alot to fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no. If he's a solid player you HARDLY EVER get a fold here. What is he calling the flop with that will fold after this action? After being checked to on the turn, he's gonna bet nearly every hand that beats you and that will also fold to this river bet. He is playing the same pot-control/induce bluff game that you played with him in the first hand (in which you simply got extremely lucky, BTW). This is the most transparent of bluffs and very, very, very -EV.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:14 AM

What do you expect him to call OP with? When he is checked to on the turn he will bet all sets and AA/KK, he might check QQ behind. So we know he is weak and all that is left is the mid pocket pairs. If the villain is decent he should be folding them on the river here (bar he has 1010), two overcards on the board that op could have hit, as in the first hand, and the op could still have a big pair here as it wouldnt be that strange to check the turn to the villain in the hope that he would hang himself.