Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 06-28-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Big Draw; I hate my line

I decided to try betting out of the blinds more often into people this session. Mostly to see how people would adjust. So villian probably isn't sure what my holdings are when I lead this flop. I dunno if he has any idea of my range. I planned on bet/3betting the flop and went for the turn checkraise. The river is a scary card and I decided to rep it.

Dude was a pretty solid 21/19/6 or something. I'm fairly certain he's a regular at 100NL. Wow my stats are 21/15/5 so fairly similar. How often do you reraise this hand preflop, or do you always reraise?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($218.45)
Button ($104.85)
Hero ($100)
BB ($100)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($8) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6.

Turn: ($20) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: ($20) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $17</font>,
Old 06-29-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Big Draw; I hate my line

ok I guess I was pretty unclear with what kind of feedback I'm looking for. Basically I hate this line (The guy ended up shoving river on me, ugh). I think since I'm leading out light I can double barrell this turn (he can't be taht strong, I mean if he was he'd just raise the flop since I lead with a wide range). And maybe shove the river but I dunno, by that time there's a bunch of funky stuff he could be calling me with, so I dunno.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:31 AM

I'm not a big fan of this line. People don't often bet out with anything good when calling from the blinds. Then once you check, its pretty clear you don't have much. I think the river bet is fine because yeah, its a good scare card. I'd bet more like $15 though to make it look more like 'value.'
Old 06-29-2007, 01:37 AM

yeah 4 handed there's no way I don't repop this pre
Old 06-29-2007, 01:38 AM

c/r has so much more folding equity and you still have the chance for a free card, something that you don't exactly have a problem with
Old 06-29-2007, 07:02 AM

I hate it to. What are you representing? A missed flush draw?

You have to fire another barrel on the turn or give up on the river. He calls you really light her, maybe even with AK. There is pretty much no way you have a straight or set here.