Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Can you start over your college career?

I'm in a somewhat similar situation so I'd love to hear what your advisor had to say/what you're going to do
Old 06-08-2007, 01:19 AM

Uhhh nobody who goes to that good of a public school who takes AP and SAT prep courses should be in the 900 range. That is god awful for that much help.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in a somewhat similar situation so I'd love to hear what your advisor had to say/what you're going to do

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't talked to an advisor yet. I had a few other things to take care of this week. Hopefully I will next week and I will report back.

I did do my own preliminary calculations and it seems I probably screwed up too much to get into a top tier school, so I might be stuck at CSUN. Dunno if I can do much to get into a good law school, so I might just try to figure out what bachelor degrees make the most money or something. Nothing else really interests me as a career, so might as well go for $$$.

[ QUOTE ]
Uhhh nobody who goes to that good of a public school who takes AP and SAT prep courses should be in the 900 range. That is god awful for that much help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I just call em like I see em. I guess those people were book smart, but poor test takers. They got into UCs(not UCLA or Cal though). I agree it is pretty bad. I have no reason to lie about this or make it up. FWIW it was only a handful and not like half the graduating class or anything.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:34 PM

Can't you retake the classes you flunked in and replace the grade? I have some poor grades from UCSD so I hope you can do that.

P.S. I'm going to CSUN this fall.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't you retake the classes you flunked in and replace the grade? I have some poor grades from UCSD so I hope you can do that.

P.S. I'm going to CSUN this fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

At some schools yes, but that's only for GPA purposes at your school. LSAC will still calculate the old grades in your GPA for applying to law school.