Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: mid stakes LHE at the wynn?

The two times I've played in the Wynn 15/30, Friday night during last years WSOP and about 6 months prior(also a weekend night) the game was like 9 TAG's and 1 moderately loose player. I've never thought I needed to leave a 15 game in the Bay Area b/c it was too tough but I left both Wynn games after 45 minutes, it was that bad. YMMV
Old 05-12-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The two times I've played in the Wynn 15/30, Friday night during last years WSOP and about 6 months prior(also a weekend night) the game was like 9 TAG's and 1 moderately loose player. I've never thought I needed to leave a 15 game in the Bay Area b/c it was too tough but I left both Wynn games after 45 minutes, it was that bad. YMMV

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played the Wynn 15 about 5 times since August and the Bellagio 15 about 15 times in that span. Each time the Bellagio game featured 2-3 other TAG's, 3-4 weak tighties who were pretty bad, and 2-4 way to loose horrible players. The Wynn game typically featured 4-5 TAG's, 3-4 guys bordering on TAG, and 1-2 bad loose players. Not all that fun.

The Mirage game varies, but just because its tight does not mean it is bad. Frankly, I've clobbered it before by stealing blinds 3 times a round all night long. I'll take a game that irrationally tight any time. Also, its an easy game to tilt which turns some of the regulars into complete lagtards. But sometimes its not worth playing too.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from Vegas, and the Wynn 8/16 and 15/30 and the mirage 10/20 were all terrible.

The 10/20 at the Mirage was miserable. There were two tables going and I got up from my very bad table to check out the other one. Watched it for a round and only 2 hands made it to the flop and both of them ended there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mirage 10/20 game's profitability is style dependent. If you are a tight player looking to make money off of other people playing too loose, you are not going to do well.

If you are the type of player that takes advantage of people playing too tight and passive, the game is really easy. You wont make a fortune but it makes it hard to lose.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:56 AM

Why not just play no limit? The 5/10NL at Wynn is sick easy....
Old 05-12-2007, 09:20 AM

I don't know why all you folks are panning the Wynn 15. I agree that it's not as good as the Bellagio or anything at the Commerce, but it is not a tough game.

When the daytime nits are playing, steal from them. Value bet the calling stations to death. When Tommy the dealer (talkative, builder of pretty good chip structures, and is always saying "pair the board") is playing, get on his left and have a blast. He's a friendly, amiable guy and he really loosens up the table.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from Vegas, and the Wynn 8/16 and 15/30 and the mirage 10/20 were all terrible.

The 10/20 at the Mirage was miserable. There were two tables going and I got up from my very bad table to check out the other one. Watched it for a round and only 2 hands made it to the flop and both of them ended there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Mirage 10/20 game's profitability is style dependent. If you are a tight player looking to make money off of other people playing too loose, you are not going to do well.

If you are the type of player that takes advantage of people playing too tight and passive, the game is really easy. You wont make a fortune but it makes it hard to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 05-12-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why all you folks are panning the Wynn 15. I agree that it's not as good as the Bellagio or anything at the Commerce, but it is not a tough game.

When the daytime nits are playing, steal from them. Value bet the calling stations to death. When Tommy the dealer (talkative, builder of pretty good chip structures, and is always saying "pair the board") is playing, get on his left and have a blast. He's a friendly, amiable guy and he really loosens up the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how this is something to get excited about. There's been a bunch of talk about running over passive tight games here, and while that's all well and good:

1. The games I was describing weren't that passive. Sure they were overly passive, but there's no way I could steal the blinds 3 times a round with impunity.

2. When I go to Vegas I want to see loose passive games, or loose aggressive games both of those are >>>>>>> than tight passive games.

Sure, the game might be beatable. So what? When I play live I want to see the tourists seeing every flop, that's the big incentive to play live. I'm going to be giving most of a 1.5-2BB/100 advantage live back to the dealers and the cocktail waitresses.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:03 PM

Like I said, Your Mileage May Vary, but the games I was in were NOT tight passive either. On a Friday night at midnight it was me, my friend(2+2er), 6 other sub 25 year old guys and a couple other random people who were all TIGHT and aggressive.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sure, the game might be beatable. So what? When I play live I want to see the tourists seeing every flop, that's the big incentive to play live. I'm going to be giving most of a 1.5-2BB/100 advantage live back to the dealers and the cocktail waitresses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Switch to NL or drop down to $4-8.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Switch to NL or drop down to $4-8.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured somebody would say that I sucked because I found the game conditions to be less than desireable. If you're making 3BB/ hour in these kind of games, more power to you.