Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker Season 4 Cast???

I knew that was coming.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:25 PM

No offense to all the fan boys, but SBrug was not a very exciting player to watch. I mean he was playing decent, but nothing was like "aww cool".

That was not the case w/ many other players such as Matusow, Eli, Farha, Gold, even Whasicka, etc..

I still feel there is room for him, I mean even if it was an hour or two featuring him, I would be happy.

I really wish they extended the show to like 22 episodes. I dont get sick of it (unlike other poker shows) and it would appease everyone; more players, longer sessions, etc..

Unfortunately with only 16 episodes or whatever, good players like sbrug don't get air time.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:53 PM

Umm how did you get "aww cool" with Eli, Farha, Gold?

And based on the shown hands, IMO, Brian appeared to be a very aggressive, exciting player.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And based on the shown hands, IMO, Brian appeared to be a very aggressive, exciting player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Farha Eli and Gold are not there for the "Awe cool" portion they are there for the action part they play alot of pots and make alot of action,,,numb nuts
Old 05-03-2007, 07:58 PM

I hadn't heard of Townsend until I saw him on the show, so I'm not one of the "fan boys" (I don't follow online poker superstars) But I thought he played great, for an online player. Just kidding.

It was pretty funny though when he raised and looked straight at Sammy, obviously bluffing and Sammy goes "you really don't belong here" hahah. Ahh. But really, he played great, much better than Sammy that season, surprised he's not invited back.

I was hoping they'd do more episodes this season, come ON.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When those 3 guys dump chips, and create huge pots (regardless of who wins) I am like "sweet". Brian was playing TAG imo, he was picking his spots wisely, and not oversplashing - to me this is kind of boring to watch.

When I watch HSP, I am looking to be entertained, regardless weather the poker is good or bad. It is not a knock against Brian, I am just saying for me, he was not amongst the most exciting players to watch.

That said I root for him, b/c I feel he is "one of us". Same goes for Antonio, and Danny Alaei b/c they come from where I live.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was pretty funny though when he raised and looked straight at Sammy, obviously bluffing and Sammy goes "you really don't belong here" hahah. Ahh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're giving Sammy too much credit. Sammy said that in reference to how Brian came in raising every hand and very rarely limped.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to be mean, but that chick is a bit fugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im so sick of this...you know majority of you couldnt get a girl that looks a fraction as good as she does even if you paid her. And for some reason most of you live in la la land where every girl is supposed to be a perfect 10 - just incase you didnt know - 99.999999% of the time this is NOT the case
Old 05-03-2007, 08:34 PM

aba/wasicka and alaei dont show much personality at the table, and i think thats more important for the ratings than good poker play. wasicka is more likely to be invited back than aba though because of the tear hes on within the poker circuit. the majority of the general viewership of hsp probably dont know that aba is the reigning heavyweight of hsnl right now, and so they arent likely to be as interested in how he plays as they are in wasicka.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 PM

Townsend could have at least talked a little smack, i.e challenging anyone to 8 table 200/400...something. Kind of seemed a little introverted.