Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 04:04 PM

Default Re: PS3 queue violence

Yeah, I remembered that it is used in the UK, right after I typed this. I am an idiot.

But, I am also a programmer, so it sparked my interest.

Edit: Also, that was my pooh-bah post. LOL.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"a 19-year-old man was injured when he ran into a pole racing with 50 others for one of 10 spots outside a Wal-Mart."

[/ QUOTE ]

video

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:27 PM

People are so disgustingly pathetic
Old 11-17-2006, 08:23 PM

A walmart close to me set up a system for last night that at 8:00 pm they said over the intercom of the store where the line was to begin, and then everyone basicly had to sprint to that spot to have a chance to get one. There was enough pissed off people who were'nt fast enough that they actualy went 20 miles to the town next to them and roughed up the people waiting in line at that walmart.

I'm just pissed off that I thought there was going to be 6 boxes at the one I waited at and it turns out there was 4 and I was 5th in line [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Oh well, we'll see what happens with this raincheck I have now. They were able to give out 8 rainchecks and I'm now first on that list and they said it would be like 1-2 weeks but I got the feeling they were FOS. Anybody have any idea how long ps3s will be selling for unreal prices?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not even worth it without all of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy X for $600 sell X for $5000. Yeah it's worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that. Please post the link to your completed auction.

[/ QUOTE ]

A. I am not that smart. I did not get a ps3, I did not imagine the demand would be this high.
B. I looked at ebay, it should be a while before some of the auctions are over.
C. 5 grand is way too high of a number. Ebay is flooded with these things. So I will be proven wrong eventually, but still it should still prove to be a very profitable way for some college kids with spare time to make some money.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:50 PM

this is from someone i know:

Short story of woe:
-Few weeks ago some guys at work preorder the system.
-We get it today, get some games (Resistance, Need for Speed, and Ridge Racer).
-We take it out, start setting it up on the big screen and notice it doesn't come with the good cables required to make it look as good as its marketing is bragging about. All you get is RCA cables, no HD or even component.
-We try to start it up and it requires a disc to update it's firmware for about 10minutes.
-When Resistance finally started, the Intro is all ww2 type photos and narration for about 5minutes before action. It starts up and there is a collective feeling of disappointment and disbelief in the room (of about 20ppl) about how bad it looked considering. It looked so bad that people were trying to figure out how it could be this bad because "there's no way they would release this looking like this." Blame was placed on everything from the developer of the game, to the cables, to trying to blame the TV (a big screen plasma).
-After the first intro level, the controller (which w/o rumble feels so light that is seems like a fake demo model of a real controller) is offered to the room for someone else to play but no one wants to, instead we put in Need for Speed Carbon. After the high-res cinematic, the gameplay starts and the graphics look like PS2. The anti-aliasing was as bad as the worse PS2 game I'd seen.
-Quickly they took that game out and put in Ridge Racer, which looked better, but wasn't fun. Again the controller was offered to the 5 people left in the room, but no one took the offer and the system was turned off.
-A couple hours later, people plugged the PS2 back in and continued playing Guitar Hero 2 as usual.

So in short:
$700 for the system +
$64 per game x3
=
15min of gameplay with this waste of money pos.

Side note: A friend of mine at work here, who was bragging that the PS3 will kick the crap out of the Wii, actually played the wii (ExciteTruck) at a Gamestop this week and said it was the most fun he's had on a console in a long time and is going to buy one. He saw the PS3 today and, with a perplexed look on his face, said: "This looks baad. "
Old 11-17-2006, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have any idea how long ps3s will be selling for unreal prices?

[/ QUOTE ]

Until Christmas.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:54 PM

wow
Old 11-17-2006, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is from someone i know:

Short story of woe:
-Few weeks ago some guys at work preorder the system.
-We get it today, get some games (Resistance, Need for Speed, and Ridge Racer).
-We take it out, start setting it up on the big screen and notice it doesn't come with the good cables required to make it look as good as its marketing is bragging about. All you get is RCA cables, no HD or even component.
-We try to start it up and it requires a disc to update it's firmware for about 10minutes.
-When Resistance finally started, the Intro is all ww2 type photos and narration for about 5minutes before action. It starts up and there is a collective feeling of disappointment and disbelief in the room (of about 20ppl) about how bad it looked considering. It looked so bad that people were trying to figure out how it could be this bad because "there's no way they would release this looking like this." Blame was placed on everything from the developer of the game, to the cables, to trying to blame the TV (a big screen plasma).
-After the first intro level, the controller (which w/o rumble feels so light that is seems like a fake demo model of a real controller) is offered to the room for someone else to play but no one wants to, instead we put in Need for Speed Carbon. After the high-res cinematic, the gameplay starts and the graphics look like PS2. The anti-aliasing was as bad as the worse PS2 game I'd seen.
-Quickly they took that game out and put in Ridge Racer, which looked better, but wasn't fun. Again the controller was offered to the 5 people left in the room, but no one took the offer and the system was turned off.
-A couple hours later, people plugged the PS2 back in and continued playing Guitar Hero 2 as usual.

So in short:
$700 for the system +
$64 per game x3
=
15min of gameplay with this waste of money pos.

Side note: A friend of mine at work here, who was bragging that the PS3 will kick the crap out of the Wii, actually played the wii (ExciteTruck) at a Gamestop this week and said it was the most fun he's had on a console in a long time and is going to buy one. He saw the PS3 today and, with a perplexed look on his face, said: "This looks baad. "

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think the 360 is awesome. I just got one a week ago and it kicks ass, has fun games and doesn't require shooting a mob of people to get one.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:05 PM

Did Resistance not look like this?