Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Re: 2006 NFL Draft

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I think you are correct that TN will take VY. I fear that he will be the next Mike Vick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy would that suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vick is over-rated. Vick is a runner not a passer.

When was the last time a running QB won the Superbowl?
Old 01-31-2006, 04:48 PM

'95 [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2006, 06:11 PM

Kiwi may have fell out of the 1st round because of the senior bow, but the drills before are designed for the Tackles to dominate.

He also wouldn't fit in the Browns 3-4.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:09 PM

FWIW you have 3 players from Long Beach Poly High School going in the first round.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:40 PM

Nice writeups. As a Fins fan, my order of preference would be:

[ QUOTE ]
13.BAL-Michael Huff, DB, Texas-Still not sure if Huff will be a NFL safety or corner. Baltimore needs help at both and Huff is the highest rated DB in the draft.

19.SD-Jimmy Williams, DB, Virginia Tech-Williams was a CB in college that may be moving to safety in the NFL. Chargers don’t have any glaring needs a versitale player like Williams in the secondary would be a good choice.

16.MIA-Winston Justice, OT, USC-A big tackle to the lead the way for what’s becoming a solid running team. This team finished the season strong and Saban will look to put this team in the playoffs in ’06.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-31-2006, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I think you are correct that TN will take VY. I fear that he will be the next Mike Vick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy would that suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vick is over-rated. Vick is a runner not a passer.

When was the last time a running QB won the Superbowl?

[/ QUOTE ]

When was the last time a RB who was 6'4 280 pounds and could run a 4.0 40 won the Super Bowl?

Never you say?
Well, i guess if i could get someone like that, i wouldn't want him then.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Nick Mangold (C, Ohio St) a first rounder? I was watching some of the coverage of Senior Bowl practices and Mel Kiper said he was impressed.

On a related note, why do you see offensive tackles and guards taken in round 1 but seldom centers? Centers handle the ball on every possession and are often in charge of calling the strategy for the rest of the o-line at the line of scrimmage.

[/ QUOTE ]

A solid, big, strong Left Tackle who can move and protect your QB against top DE's is arguably the toughest position to fill in the NFL. You can't teach size. That's why the good one's are drafted so highly. Centers and guards can get by with less size and athleticism and rarely go in the first round.

Mangold did look very good in Mobile. I think he's moved up but I can't see him going before the middle of the 2nd. Mangold has versatility and many think he could play guard or center in the NFL. Max Jean-Giles, Georgia, Jason Spitz, Louisville, Duece Latui, USC, & Daryn Colledge, Boisie State, Greg Eslinger may all still be ranked ahead of him for interior lineman.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:01 PM

"18.DAL-Santanio Holmes, WR, Ohio State-Cowboys could really use a young WR with some speed. Right now Holmes appears to be the only WR worth a first round pick."

As a Cowboys fan I like this pick, but no way Parcells is taking a WR in the 1st.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His footwork in particular is bad on a regular basis. Pocket presence isn't something I'd single out about being awful, but its certainly nothing (first round) special. How much of that is always being behind Vandy's O-line versus SEC D-lines is something that's a bit hard to separate, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Cutler's drop back from center needs some fine tooning. The thing people always say about QB's it's much easier to change a QB's feet than their arm. Cutler's arm really impresses me. His decision making is also usually good from what I've seen.

I thought he made a couple poor decisions in the Senior Bowl Game but also threw some nice balls. His numbers look worse than his performance thanks to a number of drops (Mostly by Derek Hagan, Arizona State who's thrown away any hopes of being a 1st rounder). His performance in the game was just OK, but he looked very good in practice.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW you have 3 players from Long Beach Poly High School going in the first round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Justice, Lewis & Ngata? Dosen't that school have the most current NFL players already?