Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What most profitable situation are you missing?
TPTK against TPWK calling you down? 3 18.75%
Forcing draws to make bad calls with your made hand? 7 43.75%
SCs hitting and making TPTK pay for not being able to fold? 5 31.25%
Other (tell me what it is)? 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2006, 10:57 AM

Default Live 5/10NL tough KK pre-flop decision

I don't want this to sound like a results oriented post here, but I have really been thinking about a play I made a couple days ago with KK pre-flop in a live 5/10nl game. I had been running pretty dry and I think this move might have been a pretty desperate play by me. But, I somehow managed to justify it at the time by thinking - if you fold KK pre-flop you are officially the biggest NIT ever... However, that didn't mean I had to play it like I did.

5/10NL
My stack = 1200, villian covers.

Preflop I have K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP (utg+3), 1 limper, 2 folds, I raise to 50, all fold to Villian in the CO who reraises to 100, all fold back to me...

I have been at the table with the villian for several hours at this point and he is a rather NITish TAG. He usually shows down only winning hands and hasn't been involved in any huge pots.

What is the best way to play this from here?

Also, if you just call his reraise - what is your plan on the flop?
Old 08-23-2006, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Live 5/10NL tough KK pre-flop decision

I think I call and get it in on any flop not containing a Q or an A. If a Q hits, proceed with caution, but I wouldn't give up just yet. If he's nitty like you say, then his likely range for calling your RR pf is KK/AA. This way, you get to extract a little value if he has QQ, and get away if he has AK and an A hits. The only problem with this line is that if an A hits and he has QQ, he can run you off your hand since you will be OOP. Then again, you will have not invested very much money against a nit who wouldn't call your pf RR without a hand that beats you.

Ryan

Ryan