Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 01:29 AM

Default Titan -- iPoker, Should I complain?

I was playing in the 9:15 PM EDT Omaha 8/B Multi-table tournament. It was down to 4 players, I had the biggest chip stack, and I got booted off.

I repeatedly tried to log back in and couldn't for a long time.

It had to be their fault. My DSL connection was good. I tried dial-up and couldn't get back on that way. I knew the problem was on their end because I could see the tournament information for my tournament updating in the tournament info. screen off the main lobby. A fourth player busted out, and my chip stack started to blind away quickly.

All this time I was trying to log back in and finally got back in when in last chip position. I fought back and ended up finishing 2nd. So I got paid $200. for 2nd. First place paid $300. It was only a $5.50 buy-in event with R & A.

I only had $5.50 invested and finished 2nd. I obviously had no guarantee of finishing 1st when I got booted off with the biggest stack.

What do you recommend I do or not do in regards to this?
Complain? If so, how vociferously? What would be fair compenstion?

I don't want to sound like a cry baby. I just don't know what the appropriate action is.

Thanks,
pokerswami
Old 05-01-2006, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Titan -- iPoker, Should I complain?

I wouldn't spend too much time fighting this, but it can't hurt to let them know. Maybe they are aware of a problem on their end. Maybe they'll sympathize with you and throw a few bucks your way. It only takes a minute to shoot off a short email.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:06 AM

I decided to try out Titan poker. From my support conversation it appears it takes over a week for a cashout to process. After playing it for an hour, it seems like a bad site to play on.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:51 AM

As heater said, it might not be necessary to "complain," per se, but I would bring it to their attention.

wonderwes - I've never had any cashout issues with Titan. Generally quite quick (I don't keep track of cashout times, as I am never in desperate need of the money, but I'm pretty sure it only takes a day...two tops). I like Titan because of the seafood.