Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-22-2007, 07:24 AM

Default push the draw?

converter doesnt work for ipoker so I'll just type everything

UTG = 50/9 and seems bad
BB =18/7 but I have seen him limp preflop etc so hes bad aswell

I have 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in CO
UTG limps, 1fold, hero limps, OTB limps, SB folds and BB checks
*** FLOP *** [8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
BB bets, UTG calls, I raise, OTB folds and UTG+BB call
*** TURN *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
BB checks, UTG checks, I fire again figuring I will win a big pot most time,now BB c/r and UTG calls 2 cold, I call aswell
*** RIVER *** [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
I fold
Old 11-22-2007, 08:53 AM

Default Re: push the draw?

i check turn because bb/utg are bad. i also see 0 fold equity
Old 11-22-2007, 09:12 AM

The flop is good. You've got a lot of equity and want as many bets to go in as possible. It's not guaranteed that Btn or SB will overcall 1 bet, but if you raise, BB and UTG will always call.

The only reason you should bet the turn is if you think there's a chance they'll both fold. You have 15 outs so you 're not betting for value, and I don't think a bet will increase your implied odds on the river if you hit. Since I don't think they're both folding often enough I'd just check behind.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:12 AM

UTG is bad as in "calling station"?

BB is bad as in "openlimps preflop" or something else?

Tightish BB donks a drawy flop to three players in a 4.5SB pot. Looks often like a made hand worried about giving free cards to me. This could imply fold equity is indeed low and more so if UTG is a calling station.

Turn is a blank and doesn't scare them in any way for sure.

If you have reads that the villains peel the flop light and then fold turn your bet is ok.

You still have max of 15 outs, which means you improve ~32.5% of the time. With the bad UTG in you aren't too much behind in equity.

Having to pay 2BB instead of seeing the river for free with a draw is not a good result though.

I check turn, it's only a ~5BB pot.

On the other hand:

Now that BB first checks the turn I think we would have to assume he doesn't have a made hand because he surely would have bet it to protect vs draws? This could also imply that he is on a draw and is being tricky here. Or he has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something. Either way he is not folding the turn I think.
This could have implications for e.g. trying a river bluff if the pot was HU.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:55 AM

fold preflop. one limper doesn't make this playable IMO.

As played, turn i would take the free card, K and/or T is not going anywhere. If it was one broadway on board then i agree with the bet on the turn.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:59 AM

Preflop is fine

Dont bet the turn

What hands do you think they peel on this flop that they fold now?

Betting again on this board is terrible. Not in a EV sense as its not an expensive bet with your draw but on a principal level since even if its not a huge -EV play it will never be a +EV play.

Change the board to 652K where you still have a fd and a gut. Now it is much more likely that they fold some of the many hands they peel the flop with. Like JT, QT, T9, Q3 or whatever.

If you wanna fire 2nd barrels 3 way you must do it on peel friendly flops and scary turns.