Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Plug small leaks and get better at poker (very tl;dr worthy)

My table selection is a bit of everything like stuff you guys mention. Its not the main reason Im winning but dont underestimate the significance it can have on the bottom line. Nothing I do is earth shattering but there are logistics that get in the way of it at times (Eg wait lists)

Rather than comment too much here...I can think about doing some sort of new post on table selection Ozi style. I'd also like to take some time to search for table selection threads....and if anyone wants to do this before I do then go right ahead and post them here.

ozi

edit: by the powers vested in me Im in ma thread posting tha link to the table/seat selection post now that ive actually written it. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 12:20 PM

Great time to bring this back to the surface Ozi. It had some nuggets I really needed to hear as I've been running + playing ugly for a couple months, worse than I can ever remember.

Hopefully, it will at least knock me to my senses and get me to fold my UI OCs a bit earlier than I have been lately.

I've been too much of a showdown monkey in HU pots I think. Players are not making plays at me as much as I think they are.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:19 PM

Bona, Ive given it some thought and I think there could be value in me writing a new post to discuss my thoughts on table and seat selection.... last night I had the brilliant idea of taking screenshots of actual tables and discussing what seats are good etc

Then I had what I think is an even better idea which is to make one or two videos with audio where I show open tables, PAHUD displaying stats and me talking about where i would want to sit and why. I would either do this on stars (because I have played there alot lately) or on full titlt (because I could datamine for an hour then have stats on everyone). I could do even do both. Is this a good idea? Im off to the shops to pickup a mic today.

Unfortunately doing all this will take quite some time to prepare and write up but I think Ill have a crack at it.

Im also going to try and find some good previous posts/articles on seat selection to link to but if anyone happens to have any then please post here or PM me. mkay thx.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you constantly table shop while playing? Do you move down limits whenever needed to find good tables and seats?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ill briefly comment on this...Yes, I table shop. I get myself on lists of tables that look decent and if I get a 'we reserved u a seat' popup I check out the table if if it looks good Ill then see if any of my other tables suck....if they do Ill close a sucky one and sit at the new one.

FWIW I sort my stars lobby by Plrs/Pot and then look at potsizes. When I sit for a session I usually play one limit for the entire session unless the tables get really bad...like 18/10 bad and not a fish in sight.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:41 PM

Aussie,
Youve been on this forum longer and progressed farther, but it is not by chance, it is by becoming a true student of the game. Nice reply, it is not a brag, but mere facts. Keep it up. I hope you feel the need to make a few more posts like these.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing that I look for in a table is PREDICTABLE opponents...this is important. I have quite a few players who i have a simple comment on such as "Dont bluff, do value bet" and "Bet = HAND".

On the other hand, i try and avoid tough spots against LAGs. Yes thats right gentemen, if Ive got a marginal hand and LAG checks to me on the turn there are spots when you can check and snap off a bluff. You can also call down LAGs with made hands that could be beat....trust me, LAGs hate that! And further more you can avoid expensive 3 bets. OziBattler

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this post. Just what I've been thinking about recently at FTP. I'm trying to adjust to opponents now and not expect them to adjust to me. I'm working on solid reads and seat (OPPONENT) selection. Your comment about predictible opponents is key IMO.

Normally you want loose tables, but these loose players may react to the constant aggression by bluffing more. Not good. You could actually be better off in a tight predictable table at times.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:43 AM

Ozi,

I am bumping this specifically for you. Read this thread carefully THREE times, aight? It's worth it, trust me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Then go and crush the [censored] villains like [censored] cockroaches, and your downswing will be over before you know it.

GL at the tables, bro.
/ Remy
Old 11-18-2007, 10:14 AM

anotsoninjabump!
Old 11-18-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anotsoninjabump!

[/ QUOTE ]