Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-14-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: My (admittedly stupid) Jason Campbell bet

re: Kubiak hijack-

KUBIAK is only their fantasy stats projections, Lewin's projection system is different. regardless, they like JC
Old 11-14-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Some people would say that beating up strippers and shooting people is worse than killing dogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I didn't know he was convicted yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was OJ convicted?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note. If Gibbs leaves after this year and the Skins start to rotate Coaches and Coordinators on the whims of Snyder again, you might be in trouble..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have thought about this and it has me worried.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:09 AM

Campbell looked really good to me Sunday (I only got to see the 2nd half.) Gibbs needed to let him throw it inside the 10 on that one late drive, and his receivers dropped a couple of medium to long passes that were perfectly placed.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:18 AM

Your friends like to make stupid bets eh? That Lions one was good for you too.

I am not a JC lover but this seems good and if you lose all you have to do is wear a goofy jersey--if not you get a rad jersey you like? Seems like a good bet.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope... his friends are just smarter about football than he is.

If you look at the numbers, Brunell was having a better year last year when they pulled him, than Campbell is having this year. He can't manage the game either. Sure, some of that comes with experience, but he's already started almost a year's worth of games.

They call it the NotForLong league because teams want to win NOW. Not later. Especially the Redskins. You can look at their free agency signings and tell they aren't in rebuilding mode. Their in WIN NOW mode.

Also, this is JC's third (or fourth) year in the league. Palmer was amazing his third year in the league... and he sat on the bench for a full year behind Kitna. That doesn't bode well for Campbell. Will the Skins resign him after his five year contract if he's not winning and improving? And, his rookie contract was worth 20 million. That's nothing compared to what the Skins have tied up in defense and WRs.

JC will start next year and the hunt will be on for a new QB after next year in the offseason. He'll probably be traded or benched. I also wouldn't be surprised if they drafted someone this year in the later rounds.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It does double as an acronym.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what it is? I don't remember that from the book and don't see it online anywhere (admittedly I didn't look very hard).
Old 11-15-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope... his friends are just smarter about football than he is.

If you look at the numbers, Brunell was having a better year last year when they pulled him, than Campbell is having this year. He can't manage the game either. Sure, some of that comes with experience, but he's already started almost a year's worth of games.

They call it the NotForLong league because teams want to win NOW. Not later. Especially the Redskins. You can look at their free agency signings and tell they aren't in rebuilding mode. Their in WIN NOW mode.

Also, this is JC's third (or fourth) year in the league. Palmer was amazing his third year in the league... and he sat on the bench for a full year behind Kitna. That doesn't bode well for Campbell. Will the Skins resign him after his five year contract if he's not winning and improving? And, his rookie contract was worth 20 million. That's nothing compared to what the Skins have tied up in defense and WRs.

JC will start next year and the hunt will be on for a new QB after next year in the offseason. He'll probably be traded or benched. I also wouldn't be surprised if they drafted someone this year in the later rounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone will be surprised if we draft a QB in the later rounds this year. We need to develop a young backup (Mark Brunell almost assuredly will not be back next year and Todd Collins may not either) and we need protection in case Campbell does not pan out.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:32 PM

The skins will draft a QB between rounds 2-4 in the next draft.

I think the bet is about 50/50...

I have made many sports bets against Tyler Durden and it has been +EV for me... I can understand why other people that TD knows would make a bet like this with him because I am sure they have also benefited from previous sports bets/FF against him that they just figure oh what the heck this one is close to a 50/50/push why not.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The skins will draft a QB between rounds 2-4 in the next draft.

I think the bet is about 50/50...

I have made many sports bets against Tyler Durden and it has been +EV for me... I can understand why other people that TD knows would make a bet like this with him because I am sure they have also benefited from previous sports bets/FF against him that they just figure oh what the heck this one is close to a 50/50/push why not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post, thanks for your insight.

Please please please post the Tom Brady/Chad Pennington claim you made the other night. I am sure the Sporting Events forum would love it.