Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 AM

Default 25NL - A9s suited in SB against very passive player

Villain is 47/0/0.5 over 34 hands. I just got back into things after a month break so I'm a bit rusty.

Edit: Thought I should add that BB was about 16/12/9 over 100 hands.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $32.10
CO: $17.05
BTN: $19
Hero (SB): $26
BB: $67.65
UTG: $24.15

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
3 folds, BTN calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($0.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $0.75

Turn: ($2.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($2.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>

Just a line check here. Should I have raised PF? I was worried about both villains calling and having to decide whether to cbet OOP.

Turn I was thinking that if he didn't hit a flush there is no way he'd call a bet. If he did I should show some weakness and hope he bets into me, if he checks he probably has a marginal hand and I may still get some value on the river if a non-club comes. Is this kinda thinking too tricky for 25NL?

River I thought was pretty standard as played.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: 25NL - A9s suited in SB against very passive player

The turn is a pretty easy bet against a loose-passive player. He'll call if he picked up a one-card flush draw, and he may call again with whatever pair he had on the flop even if he has no draw. And if he made a flush, well, he may even break character and raise you on the turn. (Plus, if you did get to checkraise a made flush, you'd probably discover that the bet you got to checkraise was a teeny little $0.50 bet that was designed to keep you in.)

Preflop, raising is certainly an option. It's not such fun playing ace-high OOP versus someone who doesn't like to fold, but getting the TAG out of the hand has its merits, your hand is probably better than Button's, and often he'll let you get to showdown with your ace-high and you'll win that way.