Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-08-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: turned 2pr gimme a plan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like a c/r on this very wet board.

[/ QUOTE ]

leading allows villain to play pretty perfect against us

[/ QUOTE ]

elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

all fds/oesds are flatting your turn lead whereas they probably would bet if checked too since your line seems weak.

any hands that beat you are obviously raising and we are stacking off so we want the line that best extracts from draws. if villain is good he can also rep both the diamond/straight draw. So if the river completes ANY draws he should be pushing against u, knowing you can't call with the majority of your turn leading range.

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt u advocate stacking off earlier? how is that consistent with what uve said here, i do howewever agree that there can be some tough river cards to play if villain is decent (as u said). But, i think b/f makes the most sense for sure.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:24 PM

i like b/f too. its 3 handed vs. an unknown that could pretty much have anything. not betting looks pretty dumb when you get run down by a Kx/Qx/Jx/9x/wotever on the river. its not like you're getting raised a big % of the time, and its not like you're getting called by a worse hand a small % of the time.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like a c/r on this very wet board.

[/ QUOTE ]

leading allows villain to play pretty perfect against us

[/ QUOTE ]

elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

all fds/oesds are flatting your turn lead whereas they probably would bet if checked too since your line seems weak.

any hands that beat you are obviously raising and we are stacking off so we want the line that best extracts from draws. if villain is good he can also rep both the diamond/straight draw. So if the river completes ANY draws he should be pushing against u, knowing you can't call with the majority of your turn leading range.

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt u advocate stacking off earlier? how is that consistent with what uve said here, i do howewever agree that there can be some tough river cards to play if villain is decent (as u said). But, i think b/f makes the most sense for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2007, 01:10 PM

I would check raise the turn. On the flop, what hands are you worried about?? flush draw? AJ is highly unlikey. Slight chance of J9. anyways I would call the turn and check/call the river unless he shoves.