Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 10-14-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: $100 NL QQ r/r PF

[ QUOTE ]
you guys realize ikestoys is a 25/50nl winner and you're disagreeing with him..... ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ikestoys is one of my fav posters and I've specifically sought out his advice on more than one occassion when I needed advice on a hand. I also acknowledge he is much better at poker than me, and makes more much money at poker than I do. My post doesn't mean "ikestoys is wrong he has no clue", my post meant "geez, terrible? here's my thought process, tell me why it's messed up so I can improve".

Honestly, Speedlimits, wtf is wrong with you? Posting my thoughts and trying to get feedback and learn from a better player is being 'ridiculous'?
Old 10-14-2007, 12:34 PM

Assumptions:

- Given the huge gap between villains VPIP and PFR, he flat calls a ton and doesn't 3ball a ton, so his 3betting range is somewhat narrow.

- Villain will shut down on turn with AK (no spades) unimproved and not bluff us off the best hand

- Villain may fold two red tens to a push here, but will probably put more money in on the turn if it bricks (this one is shakey)

- If villain holds AsXx he will still get all in on a blank turn, where our equity is much higher. Same thing for TsTx,JsJx, etc. (the main thing here)

Also, if we're raising flop to charge a hand like AsKh, we're not really 'charging' it anything since we're a slight dog on the flop. It is actually charging us, since on it's ahead and a lot of turns could skyrocket our equity.

Anywho if those assumptions are true, I still like flat call flop > push safe turn. If they are wrong, I guess I'd just push flop. If the flop was only 2flush or I had QsQx, like I said flop push would be super standard.

Someone please tell me *why* I'm wrong, because I really do want to know why my thinking is messed.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ike, why is push good here? If he has As2o he has like 40% equity. It seems like maximizing your equity in this spot would best be served by flatting and getting it in on a safe turn. I guess if he has like JsJo then shoving is superior...

I seriously would like to understand the finer points of this spot, not trying to troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't want scare cards hitting the turn. I get what you are saying. Not sure mathematically which one is best, i push here atm though.