Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Re: 3/6 5max Stats

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah miles but I think we don't play in the same games.
What's a good AF for my stats???? I'm working on my wtsd. Trying to call down more often with marginal hands when busted draws are possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not the only way to increase your wtsd. But for some reason this is what people think they need to do more when their wtsd is lowish.

Bet and raise marginal hands less. If you play more passive you will make villain fold less. This will increase your wtsd

Check more turns in position compared to bet/folding. This will have you see more showdowns

Peel more flops

Peel more turns.

Now these are just ways to get your wtsd up. You might not be able to peel more flops profitably. But its possible that you can and its a thing you need to examine.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
look at that rake!

[/ QUOTE ]

best comment in this thread imho. you pay almost 3.3bb/100 rake!!! thats just pretty hard to beat.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:58 PM

oink - exactly. Increasing your WtSD does not have to be about calling with even more marginal crap when your opponent bets into you on the river.
It can be about inducing marginal and crap hands to stay with you to the river.

Sometimes they won't bet their crap after you check to them and you didn't get any value out of it anyway. But increasing your WtSD number can just be about not scaring your opponent away too quickly which I think a high AF on the flop can have a tendency to do.

Getting the crap to stay with you to the river should also increase your Win pct at SD stat as well of course. Even though a lot of that increase comes from when it goes check-check on the river with your winner I don't think this is necessary bad thing.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:00 PM

So you guys think that I'm over agrro on the flop and turn???
Old 10-08-2007, 05:34 PM

Flop AF might be a bit high. You might be losing customers on your good hands. This is something I'm really struggling with too.
My continuation bets on the flop get zero respect when I want them to.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you guys think that I'm over agrro on the flop and turn???

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt this what Apanage has been telling you the whole time?

I mean, I thought he was the king of bet/folds. So if he thinks you bet/fold and raise/fold too much you might have something you need to work on.

FWIW My AF on flop and turn are like 2.2 and 1.9.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:48 AM

I play 5-max and have flop AF of 1,7 and turn AF of 1,6. Overagression on flops and turns are the most common leaks in 5-max games IMO. Noone folds a pair in 5-max on the flop or turn. Only show agression with strong draws to fold A or K-high or with strong hands for value.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:57 AM

I rarely raise draws and when I raise them I raise them against players who are able to fold a hand. I don't know where my high AF comes from maybe the hand swap thing will help finding out this leak. §i might be a bit agrressive in situations where there are draws on the board.

Anyways. Let's say you have a hand like K,Jo in the CO and everyone folds to you and you raise. Two blinds call you down and the flop comes Jh,2s,8s and one of the blinds bet into you ( blinds are LAGs) do you raise this flop or you wait for the turn??? if the turn is a spade obviously you don't have a raie here but what do you do if it's a 9,10,8 ????? how do you play the hand if you have a K instead of the J on the board Kh,2s,8s.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I rarely raise draws and when I raise them I raise them against players who are able to fold a hand. I don't know where my high AF comes from maybe the hand swap thing will help finding out this leak. §i might be a bit agrressive in situations where there are draws on the board.

Anyways. Let's say you have a hand like K,Jo in the CO and everyone folds to you and you raise. Two blinds call you down and the flop comes Jh,2s,8s and one of the blinds bet into you ( blinds are LAGs) do you raise this flop or you wait for the turn??? if the turn is a spade obviously you don't have a raie here but what do you do if it's a 9,10,8 ????? how do you play the hand if you have a K instead of the J on the board Kh,2s,8s.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on wich of the blinds donks and if they both are in the hand and what kind of donker he is.

How can your AF be 3 on the flop if you don't raise draws? Do you raise air?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:46 PM

Actually I raise draws but in very specific situations since my opponenets are not really the kind that folds any pair. I'm probably over agrro with my top or mid pairs trying to put pressure on my opponenets but since that kind of agrression is not gonna change anything against good draws and since I have a hard time folding when the draws hit It probably costs me money.