Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 09-29-2007, 03:44 AM

Default I spew so much from BB + PT question

I've been runnning pretty much breakeven at 25NL for 34K hands, which is pretty embarassing. Looking from my stats I seem to have lost an insane amount from BB. Is this sort of thing normal? (I'm guessing not) I've heard people are usually down money in BB, but I don't think its this much.

I wanted to ask, how can order my hands from lost most to least when in BB. I know how I can do this for every hand (e.g. for AA, for AQs etc...) but I wanted to have a look overall instead of clicking on each hand and then sorting it like that.

I mean even if I ran breakeven from BB I would be up a very respectable amount.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Re: I spew so much from BB + PT question

You have won back over 55% of your big blinds and over 85% of your small blinds. That's great, not a sign of a leak at all. I have a healthy win rate, and I don't get back nearly as much from my small blinds.

You should be winning more outside of the blinds. That is the cause of your low win rate.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You should be winning more outside of the blinds. That is the cause of your low win rate.

[/ QUOTE ]
My BB rate is (-.17) and SB is (-.06),so not that different than yours. But my OTB and 1 off Button are .27 and .30. Blinds are fine. You need to be winning a lot more in late position.

[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to ask, how can order my hands from lost most to least when in BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHen you are in the POsition Stats Tab, the bottom of the page lists Know Starting Hands from each POsition. When you have BB selected like you do in your screen shot, the stats for the various starting hands displayed at the bottom of the page are for hands played from the BB.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to ask, how can order my hands from lost most to least when in BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHen you are in the POsition Stats Tab, the bottom of the page lists Know Starting Hands from each POsition. When you have BB selected like you do in your screen shot, the stats for the various starting hands displayed at the bottom of the page are for hands played from the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, you can click on the column headings to sort the hands. For example, clicking on "BB/Hand" will sort hands by winnings per hand, from high to low. Clicking on it again will sort them from low to high.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:33 PM

While the other advice given here is great, I did notice your VP$IP from the BB is ~11. With an overall VP$IP of ~18, I would expect less from the BB. You may be defending just a little too much. Pay attention to whether the raises you are calling are coming from EP or LP. If it's not seriously heavy on the LP end (4 or 5x as many from LP as from EP), you should probably tighten up when it's raised from EP. Remember that your opponents will generally have to have a better hand to raise from EP than from LP.

Other than that, your numbers really are fine. In fact, almost everything other than Net is better from BB than it is from UTG. If you're looking for holes, I'd look at UTG play.