Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Pull the trigger?

definitely. i know you probs know all this stuff, but something atfer re-working my game in august is now i employ almost religiously against better players is adapting my game to suit the % chance of being called based on their stats and recent history when 3betting/squeezing. as soon as i noticed my 3 bets are being called i tighten my 3bet range, and vice versa. i know it's obvious and you and others know it as well, but it's too easy to look at 79s and think 'squeeze' or '3bet' when in fact you've just seen an opportunity rather than deciding the opponents likelyhood of folding.

in this hand, at a live game with this many limpers, i'd assume to be called, so raising oop with low scons is not a good play imo.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:19 AM

Default Results

I bet 2200, my opponent thought for 5 minutes (!), he was very close to fold but finally called with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

comments are still welcome.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Pull the trigger?

[ QUOTE ]
in retrospect its probably much better to squeeze with a hand like 54s in pos than OOP when the chance/risk of getting called is quite big when putting in about 8% of the stacks?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree with this. Your hand will be tough to play oop when getting called which it seems you'll get often given how many players called the first raise.

I also agree with terp about the bluff, despite your tight image this isn't the place for a bluff. I have a hard time seeing what you're repping after that flop check because you'll bet most of your good hands on the flop.