Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 09:06 AM

Default 1/2NL live, 10-handed, suited A, flush draw

1/2NL live, $300 max, 10-handed

Hero was up to about $450, but is now down to ~$170 in only a few hands (KK cracked by QJ, etc.).

Hero is seen as fairly tight and has shown mainly good hands. Was caught in one bluff and didn’t show, but otherwise solid.

Hero’s been folding a ton (tight). There is a $15 to $20 raise about every other hand, but you can occasionally limp in — typical 1/2 live table.

Hero is in the big blind with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

One or two early limpers and then the small blind (full stack) raises to $17. He’s been raising a lot and seems to be decent, but his range is wide. He’s aggressive.

Hero decides to play (how bad is this?) and there is one other caller who is also aggressive and plays a lot of hands (stack about even with hero’s).

Flop comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot ~$50)

SB bets $45

Hero?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Re: 1/2NL live, 10-handed, suited A, flush draw

Well, I definitely would have let this go preflop. With a raise that size it will be hard to clean up often enough to make it profitable. On top of that you have terrible absolute and relative position.

You have about 150 left on the turn which I think is enough to push this flop. You probably don't have the best hand right now but you do have some fold equity and you have some outs if you are behind.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 AM

easy push. call ok but if u blank turn it gets a bit ugly. just dont fold!

on the other hand the call pre is bad. but ive been there myself, card dead on a table of laggy luckboxes and sometimes u just make those calls even when u know u know u shouldnt. the main thing is now you've hit hard, get the money in
Old 08-30-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on the other hand the call pre is bad. but ive been there myself, card dead on a table of laggy luckboxes and sometimes u just make those calls even when u know u know u shouldnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking at the time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 AM

Fold pf, because of what Threads said.

Find a way to get your money into the middle, I'd like to bring both of these guys along w/ bottom pair and a flush draw, though Semi-bluffing all in is okay. I prefer the push in tourneys, but not in cash games. With his $45 bet though, I'm probably stuffing it into him, esp since I'm frustrated at this point because I have been sucked out on. Psychological error I know, but ZOMG, you flopped big!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:18 AM

Yeah, fold preflop. How bad is it? I don't know, but if you give him the generic pair or big ace, you're behind his entire range and a good portion of his range has you dominated. If you're really deepstacked I won't mind as you will have the opportunity to make it back post-flop, of if the raiser is really bad with some glaring holes that you can exploit, but generally this is an auto-fold, even in position.

The flop is gorgeous. Shove. If he has a FD you have a better hand and a better draw. If he has a PP other than aces you have 13 outs. Even if he's got aces you have 11 outs and if he has 88 you still have 8 clean outs to the nuts. Basically, you are in great shape against A LOT of hands, and there is no possible scenario where you are in bad shape.

All-in.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:24 AM

Also, calling the preflop raise is stack size dependent. If the effective stacks were over 200BB at the beginning of the hand it might be ok.