Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Few questions about Cisco Certs

I was originally going to post this in Student Life, but figured I may get better answers here. They are probably beginner questions, so go easy on me. I did do a little Googling fwiw.

I just wanted some first hand accounts of those that have gone into the networking field. I do have experience, as my mom does Info Systems work and I've helped her and her team with setting up routers and troubleshooting networks. I can't say it was as fun and exciting as poker, but it was interesting stuff. I guess I'd be going after a CCENT/CCNA and then moving on from there, maybe CCNP if necessary.

Just wanted to know how hard it is really. Very challenging? Is it fulfilling work? Do you like it? Was the road worth it? Would you do it again?

I'm still young and need some career path, instead of doing temp work and wandering the earth aimlessly. Is it super hard to get these certs while working a full or part-time job? Does it take forever? The field seems to be growing, and that looks good as well. Any other advice for someone interested in getting into this field? Thanks for the responses.