Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: J,8o in BB

This is the way I'd play it. The board is coordinated and with more than one opponent I would check the river.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:54 AM

@Sharpie

[ QUOTE ]
Oink, have you run any numbers or seen other players call in these spots? I'm wondering if I'm too tight here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stox. I am 100% that I have seen him call T7o closing the action getting 7:1 saying something like "you can call a lot of junk getting odds like this".

In DC's vids you can also see Entity and DD complete with a lot of offsuited junk in the SB. Its not the same situation but they are definetely playing hands for ½ a bet in the SB that I have seen people claim is a fold in this forum.

In general about this. I think it was Stellarwind that in one post mentioned that good players at higher stakes really try to find excuses to play hands against bad players when faced with ½ a bet or 1 bet in the blinds. (Sorry if I am quoting you wrong stellarwind. But i really thought about that comment and have started calling a lot of hands getting good odds)

When I started out playing 6max I read an old post by PeterRus. He claimed that calling suited junk in the BB getting 5:1 is +EV. I have done it since and had plenty of debates here in SSSH about which hands to call. But the fact is that I am 400BB up on that play lifetime so I am pretty happy about it and will keep calling 72s when UTG limps and SB raises [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sharpie regarding your eq calcs. I think those are fine. But I would still muck K5o and play J8o. The latter plays way easier postflop because of straight potential and because the 8 makes better pairs. Also see Stox book on this where they explain why Q7o is better than K3o or something.

Finally. Your ranges for coldcalling is way too tight. Coldcalling donks will have a lot more hands in their range. Basically any Ax and Kx and a lot of suited hands.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

65o has alot more equity, which shows how important the chance to hit a straight is multiway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also it is dominated less often versus those ranges, I think.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:59 AM

About OP hand, I think we should bet out, hoping to get raised by pf raiser, to protect our hand.
You all don't seem to agree. Is c-raising really a better option?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:03 AM

I definetely think betting out is better. A lot of players in UTG's spot will only bet hands that for the most part beat Hero's TP