Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 07:54 AM

Default K,K in BB

SB is 30/20/2 and button a very loose pasive player.

PokerRoom 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (11 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 08-07-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Re: K,K in BB

[ QUOTE ]
SB is 30/20/2 and button a very loose pasive player

[/ QUOTE ]

you have posted a lot of hands last couple of days.

if you want better responses I think you should state how many hands the sample is over and whether the stats are filtered for 2-3 handed, 4-handed, 5-handed. etc.

Just stating that this guy is 30/20/2 is completely useless

About the hand. I would 3-bet the flop trying to knock out button right there. Since you are OOP and since there are no flush draws on the board that the right play IMO.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 AM

Yeah that's right the reason I'm posting lots of hands is because I'm on a bad losing streak. I'm a winner at 1/2 for 3/100 over 120K hands and I used to be a winner at 3/6 for Around 1/100 over 80k hands and now I'm on a 500 losing streak at 3/6 and moved down to 1/2 ( don't ask why I don't play 2/4. Even though I'm a winner at this limit I hate 2/4 for some weird reason lol)

every time I give stats it means the sample is at least 200 hands else I write the number of hands. I'm just trying to see if there is something huge I'm doing wrong. So far it seems I'm not three betting flops enough.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
every time I give stats it means the sample is at least 200 hands else I write the number of hands. I'm just trying to see if there is something huge I'm doing wrong. So far it seems I'm not three betting flops enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the stats are filtered for # of players at the table they are still fairly useless.

Also. If you have more than 200 hands on a player and no notes/reads. You are not at all doing a good enough job of making notes/reads.

Stats are fine for preflop decisions and somewhat helpfull for postflop decisions. But if you dont have reads/notes and if you dont filter the stats for # of players you will loose yourself monies.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 AM

Listen to Oink about notes/reads. Best advice you can get.

[ QUOTE ]

About the hand. I would 3-bet the flop trying to knock out button right there. Since you are OOP and since there are no flush draws on the board that the right play IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's in position with respect to the flop check-raiser though, so I don't mind raising the turn. It's not like he's going for a turn check-raise which might result in giving a free card.

I'd usually threebet the flop here too, but I don't think the alternative is all that bad.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's in position with respect to the flop check-raiser though, so I don't mind raising the turn. It's not like he's going for a turn check-raise which might result in giving a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, missed that. Forget about the OOP argument.

But I still like waiting for the turn better when there are flush draws out there. Without possible fds its not that many draws that can call 2 bets on the flop profitably.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

But I still like waiting for the turn better when there are flush draws out there. Without possible fds its not that many draws that can call 2 bets on the flop profitably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think the button is more likely to call or to fold when faced with two cold here?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the stats are filtered for # of players at the table they are still fairly useless.

Also. If you have more than 200 hands on a player and no notes/reads. You are not at all doing a good enough job of making notes/reads.

Stats are fine for preflop decisions and somewhat helpfull for postflop decisions. But if you dont have reads/notes and if you dont filter the stats for # of players you will loose yourself monies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's a good point. I'm bad on this. I rarely take notes on players since I play 6-7 tables.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:51 AM

so basically how do you take notes?? I mean what format and what kind of notes exactly??
Old 08-07-2007, 10:39 AM

I would 3bet the flop and go from there. I think there are a lot of worse hands that could cap you, put in some action.