Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 05-24-2007, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Muckleshoot ups the rake

[ QUOTE ]
Places north of Seattle (eg, Shoreline, Everett, Tulalip) have not generally been taking the $2 JP drop, but I fear the phenomenon will spread.

ETA: I guess I was wrong about this. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought N Seattle was where it started to hit a $2 drop. I think Mucks is one of the last down here. The smaller rooms have been doing it for awhile. Don't know if Lil's is taking that much.

b
Old 05-24-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the seattle rooms seem intent on breaking themselves. when are they going to realize that the market is just not that big?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that. I was @ the Red Dragon in Lynnwood last night and it was insane. Lots of LAG action everywhere and the table were full.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tables does that place have?

He's right, the market really isn't that big up here.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 4
You are right it's no Vegas, but the insane play makes up for the lack of players, sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought N Seattle was where it started to hit a $2 drop. I think Mucks is one of the last down here. The smaller rooms have been doing it for awhile. Don't know if Lil's is taking that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I checked, Lil's was taking $1. So was Parker's and Tulalip. Don't know about Kenmore Lanes--I'll have to ask around as I know several who deal there.

I think the issue is that I've been lucky enough to choose places taking only the $1 drop.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:28 PM

Lil's was taking $2, as of a month ago. (And they were running a couple tables of 4-8, 6-12, 12-24, and 20-40, on a random Monday afternoon in April.) I had assumed this was just a reason to avoid Lil's, but apparently it a new blight on the landscape.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the seattle rooms seem intent on breaking themselves. when are they going to realize that the market is just not that big?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that. I was @ the Red Dragon in Lynnwood last night and it was insane. Lots of LAG action everywhere and the table were full.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tables does that place have?

He's right, the market really isn't that big up here.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 4
You are right it's no Vegas, but the insane play makes up for the lack of players, sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when the bigger tables aren't going. That's where you'll really notice just how small the player pool is up here.

b
Old 05-24-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lil's was taking $2, as of a month ago. (And they were running a couple tables of 4-8, 6-12, 12-24, and 20-40, on a random Monday afternoon in April.) I had assumed this was just a reason to avoid Lil's, but apparently it a new blight on the landscape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Lil's was one of the holdouts. [censored]. Well I guess I won't be playing down south at ALL.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:40 PM

we had a thread about this a while ago. almost all the minis are taking 2.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10-20, 20-40(though I've heard Lil's is running 20-40 more regularly). I play the 4-8 while waiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

When do you play? I haven't seen you on my last few visits- I always take a look at table 7 to see if you are around =)
Old 05-26-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10-20, 20-40(though I've heard Lil's is running 20-40 more regularly). I play the 4-8 while waiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

When do you play? I haven't seen you on my last few visits- I always take a look at table 7 to see if you are around =)

[/ QUOTE ]

Been gone the last 2 weeks. Ear infection that turned into a vertigo deal. Kinda sucked. Slowly getting back into it.

I try to get there around 3p, but I seem to make it a bit later. Usually stay until around 9 or 10 or if I bust out early. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

b
Old 05-30-2007, 03:03 PM

Ah ok. Hope you are feeling better. Vertigo sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Good possibility I will be there tonight slaving away at the 4/8 tables. Hope to see ya there!