Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Name Your Cold Stone

either a "chocolate ice cream w/ PB mixed in" concoction or banana ice cream with raspberries mixed in.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:17 PM

birthday cake remix is good
Old 12-17-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is cold stone an east/west coast thing or what???? I've never heard of this place?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know about anywhere else, but it's really big in so. cal.

[/ QUOTE ]

true! there are tons of maggie moo's and coldstones eveywhere. i've only seen a marble slab once, in VA, but clearly coldstone and maggie moo's thought of something marble slab didn't, since the market's really blown up since they came onto the scene.

i've read a couple comments that the ice cream base isn't very good, but if you go into any maggie moo's, you'll notice that they have awards from the national ice cream tasting association (or whatever it is) for the best chocolate, vanilla and dark chocolate ice creams. i really like maggie moo's, FWIW. I get basically chocolate and peanut butter and reese's pb cups...

BUT OP, if you're looking for a healthy alternative, you should DEFINITEly try frozen yogurt from a fro-yo shop! i haven't seen any outside of socal, which is a travesty, but honestly, it's addicting. a lot of the flavors are less then 10 calories an ounce, and they have sooo many amazing flavors! you can get mix-ins just like at the other places (if you want to fatty up your diet food) and the consistency is really similar to the creamery type places, since it's a lot like soft serve.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chocolate ice cream + oreos + peanut butter + roasted almonds + fudge + whipped cream + crunch + snickers + chocolate shavings = MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM add pecans or kit kat or heath at your discretion.

[/ QUOTE ]

hah i dunno if this was a joke, but it sounds sooo good. i would take out the crunch and put reese's in instead.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The DQ rocks. Not sure when the last time I actually had an ice cream anything there, though. in college the burgers there were freshly made to order and perfect. bacon cheeseburger, fries and oreo cookie chocolate shake or a lemon lime mister misty.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

There was one like two blocks from my high school, and they had a student discount deal where you could get any value meal for like 4 and change. I ate a double cheeseburger there prolly like 4 times a week during senior year. It was sweet.

I don't call it the DQ though.