Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Sign-up time of day/ day of week considerations

One constant theme I have noticed is players complaining that they ended up not getting credited as having signed up under their intended affiliate or where they signed up under the wrong tracking code and ended up, for instance, on the one-time bonus code instead of the MGR tracking code.

They will complain that this happened even when they believed that they had followed all their affiliate's instructions to the letter. It also seems that in most every case the affiliate stated there was nothing he could do about it after the fact.

However, there are occasions where a timely message by a player to a quickly acting affiliate resulted in the affiliate being able to straighten out the misstep and correct the error.

Internet poker goes on 24 hours a day, but individual affiliate managers don't work 24 hours a day.

So, is there a time period, USA Eastern Time zone, when it would be safer to sign up with a poker room because just in case there is any type of error, it might be discovered, reported by the player to the affiliate and then acted upon by the affiliate with the poker room and/or affiliate manager?

That is, is their a time period that most poker rooms and most of the affiliates who stay on top of things typically are both at their work sites at the same time, actually conducting their businesses?

Are there days of the week that are preferable, such as Monday through Thursday?

Since so much poker is played on Friday nights, it is not immediately obvious to me when affiliate managers, poker room staff and affiliates would want to all be working at the same time.

When responding to this, please say if you are an experienced affiliate or work or have worked in this area for an Internet poker site.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Sign-up time of day/ day of week considerations

Hi,

Most rake back affiliates are in constant contact with their affiliate managers and have no problem getting in touch with them during normal business hours (i.e. Monday-Friday 8am-5pm EST). Poker site affiliate departments are typically closed for the weekend and getting a response before Monday morning can be tough with some sites. If you're concerned about it I would suggest signing-up during those normal business hours. However, most mistakes that can be corrected are not that time sensitive anyway.

Since you wanted to know, I am an experienced affiliate specializing in rake back promotions.

Best Regards,

Justin
RakeBacks.com