FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: TURBO game thread

k sorry i said i was done. now im done
Old 02-27-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durron, I know, because I was in the final 3 when this happened the first time. And I was fairly confident who the last wolf was before that post went up.

But I'm like Neil, I can't completely ignore something I've read, and I don't know how much that played into my final vote...if I would have rethought more because I was still alive...etc. Regardless, it impacted the gameplay because mets felt that he had to vote me right away out of the gate and work on convincing nichp, instead of being able to hang back and see who he could sway.

[/ QUOTE ]

And i was the wolf that game too.

durron - a wolf knows the game isnt over. If val or fmx is a wolf in that situation and make those posts they are angleshooting douchebags. And since neither of them are douches, this meant that they had to be villagers. So yes they may have been honest mistakes but the game was over right there. i wanted to quit then but lastchance and neil convinced me to play it out ....

[/ QUOTE ]

well i guess i suck because i almost voted fmxda immediately and forced myself to reevaluate
Old 02-27-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't bad.

It basically said "Dont post after night dummies, we've only discussed this a million times"

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you don't find being called sleazy offensive.

I knew what I was getting into, though. If the mod who made that post was durron I'm sure I'd have a lot more support. But because it as VR, it's automatically assumed she can do no wrong and I'm just being a douche. (ahem GT)
Old 02-27-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't bad.

It basically said "Dont post after night dummies, we've only discussed this a million times"

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew what I was getting into, though. If the mod who made that post was durron I'm sure I'd have a lot more support. But because it as VR, it's automatically assumed she can do no wrong and I'm just being a douche. (ahem GT)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] kyro
Old 02-27-2007, 10:58 AM

Alright, how’s this.

I apologize to everybody for flipping out last night. If you haven’t noticed, I have a bad temper, and am very stubborn. When I believe in something, I tend to get a grip on it and never let go.

I apologize to mets and VR for my post. I’ve already talked to mets about it, and things are fine. I completely understand his frustration and lashing out. I probably would do the same. If you do take a break from WW (and trust me, taking a break was the best thing I did), I sure hope you come back or at least hang around. I also apologize to VR for not taking up my grievances with her in a more civil manner. She deserves better, and I definitely could have handled it better.

THAT being said. VR, I found your thread that you started vile. Not the purpose of the thread. The purpose was wonderful. Yes, people who post after night and/or make comments post-lynch should be mod-killed. It wasn’t fair to mets and the rest of the wolves team. But you called the actions “sleazy.” Now if there is anyone in here that thinks what fmxda or val did were “sleazy”, please alert me now so I can put you on ignore, because you are obviously a complete retard and incapable of logical thought.

Those actions weren’t sleazy. They were stupid. Anyone remember when Horn jokingly said the village had won when they really had another wolf to go? Did anyone really think horn did that with the intention of screwing up the game? Immediately after that happened, he realized what he had done and felt terrible about it, offering to never mod a game again. So that’s what it comes to? Screw up and you’re done? I know for a fact fmxda feels terrible about it, and if he feels anything like I’m guessing he feels, I don’t envy him.

I implore you, VR, to make a thread outlining the rules. State which rules are unacceptable, and the consequences that will occur if the rules are broken. But leave out words like “sleazy” and “cheating” and “dishonest.” Those words imply intent, and fmx/val’s action were unintentional.

So there, I’ve said my piece. I will definitely debate it more if anyone has any beef with what I’ve said, but I’m pretty sure everything I said was at the very least reasonable and level-headed.

And I still [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] VR, even if she doesn’t [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] me back.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:17 AM

For posterity, here is the pertinent part of my yes-too-strong post:

[ QUOTE ]
In a must-lynch round, all players must wait for MOD RESULTS before announcing: "crap" "we lose" "dangit, it was..."
I consider posting anything like that before the mod has given the lynch results to be sleazy, cheating, angleshooting behavior. That kind of behavior has the potential to ruin the game for the other players that just invested 3 hours in playing

[/ QUOTE ]

Me, a little later:

[ QUOTE ]
To be clear, I was not accusing you/lastchance of intentionally cheating. That was why I commented that players needed to be reacquainted with the F5 button.

I feel differently about some posts later in the game. I don't think they were ill-intentioned either, but they were so abusive it doesn't matter if they were innocently meant. REACTING to the lynch is unacceptable, and can not be accidental.

I'll shut up now. I'm clearly grouchy. Kyro, I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you, just tell me to go get laid/take a Midol/drink more or something next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sincerely apologize to valenzuela and fmxda for the tenor of my first post, and for apparently implying that they cheated intentionally. I actually don't believe that and didn't believe it at the time and my post was not meant to convey that.

I will give a cookie to anyone that felt my comments were directed at them. No more posts from me.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:20 AM

Old 02-27-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I consider posting anything like that before the mod has given the lynch results to be sleazy, cheating, angleshooting behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a problem with this part. It's only sleazy and cheating if it's done intentionally. You said you didn't think they were doing it intentionally, but you said this...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they were ill-intentioned either, but they were so abusive it doesn't matter if they were innocently meant. REACTING to the lynch is unacceptable, and can not be accidental.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I completely disagree with this. of course it can be accidental. Especially if you're a new guy like fmxda or mentally challenged like val. Sometimes you just post without thinking. It doesn't make it right or acceptable. But it doesn't make it non-accidental.

Those are the two things I have the biggest problem with. If we can just agree that stuff like that is not sleazy or intentional, just stupid, wrong and unacceptable, I will drop this whole thing as well.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts on the matter had nothing to do with VR, mainly just you being a douche.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially if you're a new guy like fmxda or mentally challenged like val.

[/ QUOTE ]