Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: The APPT Macau: The First Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament in China!

[ QUOTE ]
I see most of you guys are coming on the 21th...
Is getting on the 22th (evening) less recommended ? or should it be fine ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Several PokerStars.net-sponsored players are required to attend the press conference on November 22 at 3pm Macau Time.

The Media/celebrity event will be on November 22 at 6pm.

The party will be on November 22 at 8pm.

Arriving on the night of the 22nd is OK if you don't mind missing all the pre-tournament festivities.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The party will be on November 22 at 8pm.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a 9pm start.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:11 AM

Hello All,

There's been a lot of discussion here about how to best travel to Macau from Hong Kong and we've created a guide for you to download, print and take with you. It's an enhancement to the existing Tournament Details document many of you have already seen, now including several pages of detailed directions.

Download here: http://www.appt.com/tournaments/maca...au-Details.pdf

In particular I recommend you print out page #17 in case you are in a taxi with a driver who doesn't speak strong English.

Current player count: 193 for the $2,500 Main Event, and 10 for the $15,000 High Roller Event.

10 days and counting to the first poker tournament in China! See you all in Macau next week.

Cheers,

Jeffrey
Old 11-13-2007, 12:22 AM

Couple of us are trying to buy-in in advance so we don't have to carry a ton of cash around there..

I notice that if I did a wire transfer it would get posted to my Stars account. Can I just buyin w/money already in Stars instead of wiring more cash?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:17 AM

My flight arrives at HK airport at 18:10. Is there absolutely NO hope that I can get on the 19:10 ferry to Macau? Would it help if I carry all my baggage with me?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:41 AM

i would really like to play in this but its going on during the full moon party in thailand, so i think im gonna skip it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

gl dudes
Old 11-13-2007, 02:34 PM

Everyone is missing the most important question. Is the booze free for tournament players? :P
Old 11-13-2007, 08:41 PM

One major correction to my posts:

If you are flying into Hong Kong Int'l Airport, do NOT go to the immigration hall to retrieve your own luggage. I understand that you will NOT be permitted to re-enter the transfer area and take the ferry from Sky Pier if you were to enter the immigration hall.

Go directly to the TurboJet Sea Express Ferry Transfer Desk in area "E1" on the arrival level (Level 5) to 1) buy your ferry ticket and 2) hand over your luggage claim tags to the ferry ticket clerk.

TurboJet Sea Express personnel will claim your luggage and put your luggage on the ferry.

--

If you are on the United Airlines nonstop flight from Los Angeles, you will need to pray that you don't encounter headwind so that you flight will arrive on time at 7:40pm. If the flight were to arrive after 8:30pm for whatever reason, you will likely miss the last ferry from Sky Pier at 10pm.

Several evening arrivals from North America are bunched together: United from Chicago arrives at 5:55pm, United from San Francisco arrives at 6:45pm, Cathay Pacific from either San Francisco or Los Angeles arrives at 6:55pm, and Air Canada from Vancouver arrives at 7pm.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:04 PM

i guess all hotel packages are sold out. any recommendations for hotel accomodations?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess all hotel packages are sold out. any recommendations for hotel accomodations?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rooms at Grand Waldo are sold out. I booked a room at Taipa Square Hotel through Macau.com. It is a 4-star hotel with much lower rate than the Grand Waldo. The rep said this hotel is one of the closest to the Grand Waldo but you still need to take 10 minutes' cab to get there.