Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Adolf Hitler.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In your opinion what things has hitler done, if any, that you believe are totally reprehensible?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it true that Hitler said at some point that the German
people were not worthy of his efforts or something to that effect.
If yes can you give some more info about the quote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Albert Speer was the highest ranking Nazi to write a book after the war. It is called Inside the Third Reich. Speer started of as Hitler's architect and he designed 'The Cathedral of Light' effect at the Nuremburg rallies.

Later on he was put in charge of all armaments production after Dr. Todt died in a place crash. In Hitler's last week of life he ordered Speer to destroy all infrastructure. He wanted Berlin to go back to the stone age. Speer ignored this order and he later told Hitler to his face that he deliberately obeyed this order. Hitler suprisingly did not order Speer killed he simply sat there brooding as dismissed him coldly. That was the last time he ever saw Hitler.

When first given the order Hitler stated to Speer "If the war is lost, the people will be lost also. It is not necessary to worry about what the German people will need for elemental survival. On the contrary, it is best for us to destroy even these things. For the Nation has proved to be the weaker, and the future belongs soley to the stronger eastern nation.

In any case only those who are inferior will remain after this struggle, for the good have already been killed."
Old 08-31-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In World War 1 he was a message sender and not a down in the trenches type of grunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. He was in the trenches. He faced artillery barrages and gas attacks. He won his Iron Cross during a hazardous message run. Because he was a runner and the Germans in his sector were not operating offensive operations does not mean he did not live in and face the wretchedness of trench warfare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know. He did partake in large offensive advances. And at certain times the runners had the most dangerous job on the field as they were the only ones running out of the trenches during heavy shelling. But usually the runners were give to privates with some education (Hitler was a Corporal at wars end, which is just above private.) My point was that he wasn't often in a postion to have to kill an enemy since his main duty was not direct combat.

When he got the Iron Cross I think something like the first 4 runners sent were killed and Hitler volunteered. He spent the last days of the War sitting in a hospital blinded by Mustard gas.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why was he so into the blonde hair, blue eye aryan super human, when he was clearly did not resemble this desired perfection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitler was obsessed with Richard Wagner and his Opera's. Back in Hitler's day Opera was like the Movies. It would be like some weird filmie being obsessed with Martin Scorcese or something. A common theme in these Wagnerian Opera's were blond hair and blue eyed Germanic supermen.

Wagner wrote that song from Apocalypse Now where they're flying in the helicopter and engaging in battle.

This is where Hitler also may have learned to make such dramatic speeches. He would imitate the grandiose hand gestures that he had seen all his life from attending Opera. It also taught him how to deliver a speech in a perfect pitch, tone, and tempo for maximum effect on an audience.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:09 PM

I read the title and thought this thread was going to be awful but I am really surprised. This is one of the most interesting threads I have read in a long time.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 PM

What I think is most interesting about Hitler that I have read is his interest in the occult, and how he could gain power from various artifacts. Do you know much about this?

I dont know much I just watched a few documentaries on the internet and I didnt know if they were real or just made up.

Stuff like the spear of destiny.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read the title and thought this thread was going to be awful but I am really surprised. This is one of the most interesting threads I have read in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

be careful talking like that, xx44 might call you a Nazi.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When first given the order Hitler stated to Speer "If the war is lost, the people will be lost also. It is not necessary to worry about what the German people will need for elemental survival. On the contrary, it is best for us to destroy even these things. For the Nation has proved to be the weaker, and the future belongs soley to the stronger eastern nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

From about the defeat of the Sixth Army at Stalingrad various sources, (no time to look up now) had attributed Hitler's shift in tone to blaming the entire German people for their inevitable defeat. At first he blamed only General Paulus for his surrender, later all his generals, then the entire officer corp, but comments of this nature had begun to creep into his diatribes from about this point onward quite frequently I think.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I think is most interesting about Hitler that I have read is his interest in the occult, and how he could gain power from various artifacts. Do you know much about this?

I dont know much I just watched a few documentaries on the internet and I didnt know if they were real or just made up.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes this is partially explained in two documentaries.

indiana jones and the raiders of the lost ark
indiana jones and the last crusade
Old 08-31-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Heinrich Himmler who believed in these things. He was the leader of the SS. Hitler used to mock him behind his back about these things during dinner conversations with associates.