Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Games in Vegas in January

Thinking of coming over to Vegas again probably for a fortnight in the middle of January. What are the games like at that time of year, saw the drop off the day after the WSOP ended are the games at that sort of levels?

Will be playing NL 2/5 most likely.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Games in Vegas in January

From my limited experience there at that time of year, about as bad as it gets. You will always be able to find a game in the evenings, but tables will break earlier and tables will be thin until the later afternoon on weekdays.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:43 AM

Just a thought but Jan in Tunica is the nuts with the WPT events at Gold Strike and the WSOP circuit event at the Grand. It seems like every poker player in the country comes to Tunica in January. Theres more action at Gold Strike, Grand, and Horseshoe than you can shake a stick at.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking of coming over to Vegas again probably for a fortnight in the middle of January. What are the games like at that time of year, saw the drop off the day after the WSOP ended are the games at that sort of levels?

Will be playing NL 2/5 most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't find any games going really. There might be one or two tables in town open friday and saturday nights. Basically, Vegas is a ghost town and no one comes here at all. Room occupancy like 10% from what "reliable" sources tell me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Results in white below:

<font color="white"> The games don't change, the players change every week. Asking what the games are going to be like 5 4 months from now is like asking what ride at Disney World might be closed the week before Christmas....no compentant answer can be given.</font>
Old 09-04-2007, 06:34 AM

2/5 goes all the time in the usual places (Bellagio, Mirage, Caesars, Rio, Wynn, Venetian, MGM, Palms). Just show up and don't worry about it.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:15 AM

You will be able to find $2 -$5 NL, although probably only at rooms like Bellagio. Caesars, Wynn. January is slow.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:20 AM

"Room occupancy like 10% from what "reliable" sources tell me'.

Sorry, although it is a slow period, your reliable source is totally full of crap.

The Consumer Electronics Show is in town for Jan 7 - 10.

On a less lofty note, the Adult Video Awards show is at Mandalay Bay the following weekend.

NFL playoffs often bring some folks to town as well on the weekends.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:34 AM

Ok, so I've only been here for one January, but last year certainly didn't fit this scenario, nor from what I understand, has any year. Once we're past Christmas, this town starts to rock. CES is huge. Super Bowl weekend is the second biggest weekend of the year. Lots of conventions come into town. Jan was great last year, and I found great games all over town at the stakes I was playing, both limit and no limit.

You guys may know more than I do, or this could be a great level, but I wouldn't worry about finding a good game, but maybe a room for 2 weeks might be impossible.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:11 PM

The room for two weeks is fine the usual dumps like circus circus etc I can get for a decent daily rate but some of the Other Imperial Palace and Flamingo seem more expensive than when I was looking at 3 weeks during the WSOP.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Room occupancy like 10% from what "reliable" sources tell me'.

Sorry, although it is a slow period, your reliable source is totally full of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the joke. Read the "Results in white" section, rofl.