Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 10:45 PM

Default The Ballad of the New Setup

Mirage. Dealer makes a comment about how the table needs a new setup, I ask if there is something wrong with the cards because she continues to deal with them. She says "nothing, but since you guys aren't seeing too many flops this deck must be bad. I'm not allowed to ask for a new setup, will you do that for me?"

I say "no way, I don't want a new setup, that will interfere with the game".

She says "but if you get a new setup your more likely to have a jackpot hand. really, its true! I see it all the time!" (interesting to note there is no jackpot)

I say "thats ridiculous. If you can prove it mathematically then I will believe you, until then its some crazy gamblers superstition. I don't believe it, please keep dealing with this deck."

Dealer grumbles a little bit and deals on. 10 minutes later she again says "I wish we could get a new setup", someone at the table says you want a new setup? SETUP!". I grumble a little bit. Someone then asks if there is anything wrong with the deck, dealer says no ********* (I tuned out at that point because I knew what I was about to hear would only be dumb and annoying, which will only make me grumble).

New deck comes out. Dealer says to me "don't worry, I can change a setup faster than anyone else". She turns over the first deck, spreads it out, and was in the process of turning the deck over for a wash when tho players screamed "WAIT!" There were two Ace [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the deck - both with the same color backs. Dealer pulls one of the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] out, flips the cards over and starts to wash. I grumble. Another player yells out "stop, the deck is fouled. Look, there are marks all over it". Sure enough there were at least 6 cards that I saw with random white spots on the back of the deck. I grumble.

Dealer calls for a new setup. The floor asks "why, you just got a new setup", learns what just happened and runs off. Only problem is there are no more setups left. So one player says just bring back our last setup, we will play with that. Dealer gets the original setup back, doesn't bother to spread out the decks or count the cards - she proceeds to wash the deck. I grumble.

Over the next few minutes there is lots of action at the table. Dealer turns to me and says "see what a new setup can do?"

I grumble.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: The Ballad of the New Setup

You need to fix that grumbling problem of yours.

Very annoying
Old 08-29-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Over the next few minutes there is lots of action at the table. Dealer turns to me and says "see what a new setup can do?"

I grumble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely classic, ROFLMAO. And yet these kind of dealers will keep their jobs and probably get "promoted" to master setup changer...err...floor supervisor in the near future.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:22 PM

You know this is how Richard Reid started.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I grumble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely classic, ROFLMAO. And yet these kind of dealers will keep their jobs and probably get "promoted" to master setup changer...err...floor supervisor in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reminding me! She claimed she knew that new setups were more likely to produce jackpots because she used to be a floor supervisor.

I, of course, grumbled.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:39 PM

Classic
Old 08-29-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I, of course, grumbled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Mylanta?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:01 AM

Wow.

Why the hell isn't she allowed to ask for a setup? A few times I've asked for one when using particularly sticky decks. Not often, tho'. Slows down the action.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 AM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

I continue to be astounded at how many dealers seem to be oblivious to the relationship between their tokes and the number of hands they deal.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:18 AM

upset stomach, diarhea

hey pepto bismal