Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Alert

using hole card cams to play stud would be roughly like bypassing the 500 pound tuna in the ocean to go fish in a 3 foot lake with a nuclear warhead.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
using hole card cams to play stud would be roughly like bypassing the 500 pound tuna in the ocean to go fish in a 3 foot lake with a nuclear warhead.

[/ QUOTE ]says The Shadow.

Score one for Stud!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:31 AM

Old news. If absolute poker was alive...it sure as heck isn't after this. I've watched hacking destroy games (starcraft). so lets see how our rake goes to protect the integrity of the game.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:41 AM

OH Geeze, Star Craft, that brings back memories of my university days. Those hacks are probably for the best, as they forced me to go into the GAMBOLING field for entertainment instead.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:32 AM

This is what they told me:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

Absolute Poker has identified an internal security breach that compromised our systems for a limited period of time. The cause of the breach has been determined and completely resolved. In addition, all necessary resources, both internal and external, have been engaged to ensure that this does not happen again. Our investigation is not fully concluded, and we wish to thank the extended poker community for any and all assistance related to this matter.

Game integrity has always been and continues to be of the utmost importance at Absolute Poker. The Management of Absolute Poker is appalled by these findings, and is committed to our players and to the integrity of our site and the online poker industry.

All players affected by this security breach will be identified during the audit process that has been initiated and all funds, including interest, will be returned. Absolute Poker would like to apologize for the recent events and is committed to diligently working with outside security firms, auditing firms, the extended poker community and the Kahnawake Gaming Commission to ensure that the situation is entirely resolved.

A comprehensive statement will be forthcoming shortly, providing more details of the findings.

Absolute Poker Management

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2007, 01:50 AM

Since they gave a statement before, about Absolute being 100% safe (which turned out to be utter [censored]). Why on earth SHOULD I trust them now?

I just can't see anything in that claim to gain my confidence. ABSOLUTEly nothing at all there to make me confident.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:24 AM

I can't either. But even so, if I were to receive a partial refund and a bonus I'd probably work it off at a low limit and then *try to cash it out.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:00 AM

I never played Absolute Poker and while I do think it is in their best interests to be above board and they probably didn't intend this to happen. Between these incidents and the software problem in the razz game (wrongly awarding the pot to the wrong hand)... I don't feel its a place that I would wish to play.

I am suspicious of some aspects of poker sites. You know I stayed with pokerstars because it was the first site that I played in where I didn't go on a sudden OTT hotstreak when I made my first deposit. I actually busted out my initial $50 which actually made me think that was more likely to not be rigged.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Old news. If absolute poker was alive...it sure as heck isn't after this. I've watched hacking destroy games (starcraft). so lets see how our rake goes to protect the integrity of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of people still play starcraft, and most of the "hacking" these days is just people complaining because they suck. Likewise, Absolute is not going to vanish, since many people won't even find out about this. People like to be too melodramatic.