Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 12:25 PM

Default 25NL: do you ever fold this spot? (weak flush)

My villain is 31/9/2.9 over 160 hands. My play here seams weak/tight to me which is just crappy to begin with. Anyhow, with such a weak flush getting some resistance do you ever fold this spot, or do you repop him AI? At any rate, any and all comments are appreciated.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $14.35
Hero (BB): $44
UTG: $16.10
CO: $28.25
BTN: $26.50

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.45</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $2.90</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.45

Turn: ($6.80) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $4.75</font>
Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: 25NL: do you ever fold this spot? (weak flush)

no. not ever. seriously, not at all. in fact, im repopping the flop and calling a shove. there are so many hands, ace of spades, pair + fd, set, that can be making this play that you are real far ahead of his range.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:47 PM

I never, ever, ever fold this. However, I prob reraise the flop and call a push or (if he just calls) push all in on any non-spade turn. I hate checking to villain here because i think theres a good chance he checks behind and there are a lot of cards that would put him ahead or make villain shut down.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Re: 25NL: do you ever fold this spot? (weak flush)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're asking the wrong question. the question should be how do I get the most money out of hands I beat.

Stack sizes mean 3bet flop AI is prob best though if viilian is aggro bluff happy and has betting lead I dont mind your turn line and c/r turn AI - this way gets more out of Kx.

2pairs/sets are felting so get the money in before another spade falls/board pairs or I start moaning about the no. 100bb pots I've lost with flopped flushes vs sets/2pair this month.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:07 PM

I'll never fold this for ~60BB. I also raise flop and call if he shoves. As played I think I shove turn, too many river cards I don't want to see.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:13 PM

CR the turn and ship it on the river. Against this type of opponent you will almost always be good here.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:15 PM

Munkey, are you making an argument then it's better to just shove the flop given villain's stack size, instead of raising to $9 and calling a shove or getting it in on the turn?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:17 PM

Opponent dependant, your only thought is how best to get it all in...if he's agro but folds to resistance CRAI turn...aggro and likes to go to war 3B flop.

Just do what it takes to make him want it in there.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Munkey, are you making an argument then it's better to just shove the flop given villain's stack size, instead of raising to $9 and calling a shove or getting it in on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising to 9 and calling a shove is actually what I meant when I said b3bAI (i kinda use b3bAI as shorthand for I'll get AI flop if I can and is kinda bad by me as that's not strictly what it means) though shoving/either is fine as is c/r turn AI given stacks. There's more than 1 way [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

My point was for OP to change his point of view to extracting the most monies of hands he's ahead of which is lots rather than trying to protect himself from few hands that beat him/have outs. i.e focus on VALUE.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:39 PM

Thanks for all of the replies people. You can't imagine how much you have helped improve my game over the last month I've been posting. So much more than any book has helped me. I thought this hand was horrible by me, but wanted some other opinions and input. I clearly misplayed it, but I'll correct next time.