Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 06:31 PM

Default No More iPoker Rakeback Request Threads

iPoker has asked us to stop iPoker rakeback request threads. As many of you know it is against iPoker policy to allow rakeback or even the advertising of skins on sites with the words "rake" in the URL. I'm checking to see if this covers bonus/VIP program requests as well. I assume the answer is yes unless I hear otherwise.

I am off to lock all the threads now. I'm just following orders, don't shoot the messenger.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: No More iPoker Rakeback Request Threads

I think this counts for cashbacks aswell cause we arent allowed to advertise this officially anymore
Old 11-08-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this counts for cashbacks aswell cause we arent allowed to advertise this officially anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is what we are going to do. If players have questions about these type programs and they are legit and not an attempt to get around the rule that is fine. For example "Compare the best VIP program or cashback program" is fine but "PM me to let me know about iPoker cashback" is not going to be OK.

Let's hope this is OK with them too. If it is not then I'm sure I will find out soon but it seems to be one is more of a bonus while the other is rakeback. Since they do seem to allow cashback/VIP (just not on "rake" sites) then I don't see the problem.

Also there are plenty of players grandfathered in and if there is ever a problem (x affiliate ran off with my iPoker rakeback etc.) then those types of posts will be allowed.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:54 PM

I am not sure if you have noticed but there is a new rule that restricts us from advertising the VIP cashback deal on any site. And the only ones allowed to speak about it is the pokersite's support. At least thats the info I got from noiqpoker. Plz correct me if I am wrong
Old 11-08-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure if you have noticed but there is a new rule that restricts us from advertising the VIP cashback deal on any site. And the only ones allowed to speak about it is the pokersite's support. At least thats the info I got from noiqpoker. Plz correct me if I am wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. By the way, why is it that none of these rules about party bodog, ipoker apply to the sponsored forums?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. By the way, why is it that none of these rules about party bodog, ipoker apply to the sponsored forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have wondered that too. They apply to IB (I mod that one) but the others are beyond my control and possibly beyond admin control when it comes to this type of stuff. I've never asked.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:25 PM

The rules about Party and Bodog apply to The Rakeback Network Forum -

We have not received requests about iPoker but we will tow the line.

regards

RakeTheRake
Old 11-09-2007, 07:58 PM

Just one last bump to make sure all saw this before it disappears. It is also in the sticky title.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:17 PM

i can understand you the funny thing is just that every affiliate manager is still overing rakeback to good players but not officiell i do not really understand their policy because everyone knows that you get rb there and almost every site is offering rb just funny why they dont make it officiell.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:35 PM

Most of the skins want to offer rakeback and as you say they seem to make it easy to offer it in some cases. The trouble is iPoker itself doesn't want the skins slitting each other's throat and stealing each other's players and eliminating rakeback is one way to prevent that. iPoker would prefer marketing to new players, not existing ones.