Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Moving up... stats check.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a noob so dont take this the wrong way but,is 500 your roll? 10 buy in's seems a little risky. Most people say 20 BI's for each level. Do you feel your game is ready or are you just taking a shot to see how you do?

[/ QUOTE ]
My roll is $1000 now. I started with $500 of my own cash money. Now I've made $500 more.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:55 PM

id just stay at 25NL, build a more solid roll/idea of winrate before i took shots at 50NL. but im a bigger nit with a roll then most
Old 08-30-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id just stay at 25NL, build a more solid roll/idea of winrate before i took shots at 50NL. but im a bigger nit with a roll then most

[/ QUOTE ]
After having a day to consider it, this is probably what I'm going to do. I think I was just excited to hit $500. This thread helped bring me back down to earth, so it definitely worked. Thanks all.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:14 PM

I won't play $50NL without $1500+, but I'm prone to tilt and running bad. The way I would look at my bankroll in this case, is that I can play another 10K hands at $25NL (2-3 weeks) and will have that $500+ padding in my bankroll for taking a shot at $50NL. My bankroll definitely grows faster than my skill.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a solid TAG strategy works best at NL50, so if you are between 15 and 18 VPIP, that is a good range.

Raise more preflop - a PF raise percentage that is half of your VPIP is too small IMO. Also, try to get your turn and river AF a bit higher. If your total agression factor gets to about 3, I think that is a good solid number

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are these solid numbers? honestly I think people heard AF 3 and 18/16 is gold but never really thought why this would be good at microstakes.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think a solid TAG strategy works best at NL50, so if you are between 15 and 18 VPIP, that is a good range.

Raise more preflop - a PF raise percentage that is half of your VPIP is too small IMO. Also, try to get your turn and river AF a bit higher. If your total agression factor gets to about 3, I think that is a good solid number

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are these solid numbers? honestly I think people heard AF 3 and 18/16 is gold but never really thought why this would be good at microstakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're going to disagree with something that has been working very well for people you generally need to supply the reasons why you disagree...not the other way around. 90+% of the larger winning players in this forum could send you their stats and it would be similar to those numbers.

I'm about 20/17.5/3.5

~5.7 over my last 72,000 hands
I don't know exactly what it is but I know I'm over 4.2 over my last 120,000 hands or so.

Probably leaks but not too bad.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're going to disagree with something that has been working very well for people you generally need to supply the reasons why you disagree...not the other way around. 90+% of the larger winning players in this forum could send you their stats and it would be similar to those numbers.

I'm about 20/17.5/3.5

I don't know exactly what it is but I know I'm over 4.2 over my last 120,000 hands or so.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not really too high on the "your stats have to be X, X, and X" mentality. Unless there is a serious reason why your stats need to be that way, I don't buy it. Most people just see someone else's stats, see they're winning, and assume you have to have those stats to win.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:06 PM

how many tables do you play?

i think ur a little to nitty i like my stats to be like 21/18 but ur style is winning albeit a small sample so if thats what ur comfortable with than by all means stick to it but keep in mind that style will no longer be profitable as you progress in limits and come across better players. 6k hands means absolutely nothing. i have lost 20 buy ins before in 6k hands and im a winning player so i deff wouldnt move up until u have 25-30k hands.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm about 20/17.5/3.5

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not really too high on the "your stats have to be X, X, and X" mentality. Unless there is a serious reason why your stats need to be that way, I don't buy it. Most people just see someone else's stats, see they're winning, and assume you have to have those stats to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Warhammer, you'll be fine .. good luck mate (and 18/16 with an AF of only 3 .... now that is meh,but it is all about balance, but if you have a good balance, practically every vpip up to at LEAST 30 can be played at any level)
Old 08-31-2007, 02:31 PM

I think moving up to $50 NL is fine if:

1. You don't mind moving back down to $25 NL if you lose a buy-in or two at $50 NL.

2. You feel comfortable with your game. By this, I mean that you generally know what you want to accomplish with your hands. And you rarely (or at least not regularly) find yourself in situations where you go: "Uh oh, he jammed...what do I do now?"

In the end, you really should just give $50 NL a shot. Trust me, you'll be back and forth between $25 NL and $50 NL at least two or three times before the jump becomes permanent.

Good luck.