Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Good books for cash games?

I'd definitely recommend these two;

No Limit Texas Holdem by Angel Largay
and
How To Dominate $1 and $2 No Limit Hold'Em by Sam O'Connor

Both of these books will improve your game and your bankroll. They are both relevant for today's online games and at "live" cash games.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Back to the point, I asked a specific question about books on cash games. Did a ctrl + F for "cash" and "ring" before I posted, and vague threads like "best poker books???????" etc don't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for future reference, I'm guessing you left the search time to be within the last seven days, as this topic does come up quite often. I personally dont care but some here get tweaked.

As already mentioned, No Limit Holdem: Theory and Practice and Professional No Limit Holdem Vol 1.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did a ctrl + F for "cash" and "ring" before I posted, and vague threads like "best poker books???????" etc don't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ctrl-F only searches on the page you are viewing. Try the Search function at the top of the page, or just scroll back through previous threads that don't show on the first page.

Questions like this get asked very often, and people who responded last week are not likely to respond again. So you miss a lot of information if you don't check previous threads.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:55 PM

I've it set so that each forum shows 99 threads. The earliest I can see goes back to 30/07.

Ta for the tip, didn't realise you can make the forum show dates earlier than this, but in any case, it's hardly "down the page" as the 6th post suggested [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 10:56 AM

Just finished reading Professional No-Limit Holdem Volume 1, and it is very good. It contains many concepts that I was already familiar with, but it ties it all together in a way I have not seen before, as well as adds some new things. So far, this is the best cash NL book I've read.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So far, this is the best cash NL book I've read.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

And it's not even close.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PLEASE LOOK at the posts. This IS the forum for books relating to poker. I just looked at several posts on the first two pages relating to your quarry .

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed your spelling
Old 08-16-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Back to the point, I asked a specific question about books on cash games. Did a ctrl + F for "cash" and "ring" before I posted, and vague threads like "best poker books???????" etc don't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for future reference, I'm guessing you left the search time to be within the last seven days, as this topic does come up quite often. I personally dont care but some here get tweaked.

As already mentioned, No Limit Holdem: Theory and Practice and Professional No Limit Holdem Vol 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a pretty simple answer to this if it bothers you so much. Do a search, mine the threads and post a thread of recommended books for cash - or for trny's, or for whatever - just book lists, publisher's info and a link to the thread you found it in. Then ask the Mod to sticky these amazingly useful threads you have created, which can be added to as new books appear. Then, the rest of this forum can be used for in-depth discussion of individual books.

Because god forbid there should be a book discussion area and people should come in and ask for book recommendations and not behave the way YOU think they should and so you can just hijack the thread with a lot of useless attack posts.

Some people LIKE having a reason to post their favorite book or just talk to a new person. It's community. Culture. And you don't make rules around here.

OP, I thought Antonio Esfadiari's WPT book on cash game play was surprisingly good. Cannot remember the title.