FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: 25/50 - Turned Trips, Rivered Boat OOP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hate checking turn, id lead riv

[/ QUOTE ]

he'll obviously fold bluffs (i'd assume), can you think of a single hand that he would call the river with that he would not bet when checked to? i can't find one tbh

[/ QUOTE ]

fake block bet can induce a raise, and depending on how thin he value bets/calls down, I can see him calling with anything from a low flush to just the top pair..

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 11-26-2007, 04:11 PM

I think its a check and not very close, I can't see him calling a lead very often with Kx and I can't see him checking behind the river with a flush.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hate checking turn, id lead riv

[/ QUOTE ]

he'll obviously fold bluffs (i'd assume), can you think of a single hand that he would call the river with that he would not bet when checked to? i can't find one tbh

[/ QUOTE ]

fake block bet can induce a raise, and depending on how thin he value bets/calls down, I can see him calling with anything from a low flush to just the top pair..

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but this same logic applies to checking the river...
i think checking this river or betting it depends alot on villain

a check is obvi much better if he is more likely to call CR with a flush then he is to raise a weak lead bc we get the same value out of a good king with a bet or a CR since he isnt raising our block with AK and since he isnt calling our CR with it either

and obviously the opposite holds if he raises lighter than he calls...

i think i fall in the check river camp as a default though bc of the hands we could be CRing for value: good flushes and FHs, we shouldnt really have those in our range bc almost all of them CR the turn, therefore i could see him looking up a CR light but still almost never raising our "fake blocker" with a KX hand

also i dont like the turn check unless your CRing there which i dont like bc he prolly gets away from KX given the spade...so i think i bet turn and bet river
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a check is obvi much better if he is more likely to call CR with a flush then he is to raise a weak lead bc we get the same value out of a good king with a bet or a CR since he isnt raising our block with AK and since he isnt calling our CR with it either

[/ QUOTE ]

def dont agree with the claim that we get the same value from a good K with both a check and a lead; lead has way more value IMO..
Old 11-27-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

def dont agree with the claim that we get the same value from a good K with both a check and a lead; lead has way more value IMO..

[/ QUOTE ]

why?????????????????
Old 11-27-2007, 07:47 AM

hes saying a king and weak flush will not always bet the river, but will call alot. also, he might try to bluff since its a scary board, but one that good players will often try and get value with AK and AA.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hes saying a king and weak flush will not always bet the river, but will call alot. also, he might try to bluff since its a scary board, but one that good players will often try and get value with AK and AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know what hes saying, unfortunately hes a good friend, i was just trying to get him to explain himself bc i disagree...i think enough hands that vbet turn put out another one on the river...KQ is a little thin but a flush i think is a bet...our line is pretty weak
Old 11-27-2007, 05:22 PM

I really believe it matters a lot how he perceives you and your lines.. and how thin he can value bet the river.
I think standard is a smallish blocking bet on the river but c/r has it's merits if you have c/r the river frequently..
I also believe that he will call with more hands than he will valuebet with so c/r gains most of its value from pure bluffs
but I am not sure how often he is going to the river with air so this is mostly a hand that would pay off anyways
but might not always value bet the river.
Furthermore I doubt he calls the c/r often enough with hands that he would raise the river with so all combined I prefer bet/call without specific images..