Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Party Regs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I don't really think owning regs (and TAGfish) contribute more than a tiny bit of my profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Owning the TAGfish should be a fair bit of your profit imo since Party 200NL is stuffed full of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why bother with it, when you can sit at 4-6 tables with at least two absolute fish all day long. Obviously I will get involved with regs also, but I don't have an ego playing poker. I'll seek out the soft tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, so do I. I'm have to play the TAGs and TAGfish at some point obviously, and I have found recently that running them over works very nicely and really isn't that hard and doesn't involve a huge amount of variance. The amount of times they fold to my 3bets preflop is just laughable.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:07 PM

any comments?

i wanna see some hands where i tilt-spewed all my chips to one of you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I don't really think owning regs (and TAGfish) contribute more than a tiny bit of my profits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Owning the TAGfish should be a fair bit of your profit imo since Party 200NL is stuffed full of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why bother with it, when you can sit at 4-6 tables with at least two absolute fish all day long. Obviously I will get involved with regs also, but I don't have an ego playing poker. I'll seek out the soft tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, so do I. I'm have to play the TAGs and TAGfish at some point obviously, and I have found recently that running them over works very nicely and really isn't that hard and doesn't involve a huge amount of variance. The amount of times they fold to my 3bets preflop is just laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]
The people who folds a bit too much to threebets preflop aren't really the ones leaking all over the place IMO. They only need to play back at you successfully 1 in 4 times or something to break even. The ones who call the threebet and fold the flop are the ones that are super profitable.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any comments?

i wanna see some hands where i tilt-spewed all my chips to one of you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]i don't have my db anymore but i remember you being quite the TAGtard and being pretty difficult to play against
Old 09-04-2007, 10:31 PM

lol tagatrd i like that.

you play really nitty! we havent played any significant pots.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol tagatrd i like that.

you play really nitty! we havent played any significant pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got 40 hands on you. There are a whole tonne of screennames listed in this thread I hardly have any hands on. Different timezones I guess, that and I don't datamine.

Anyway, the best player I've seen at crushing regs is GoBears67. Only got about 1000 hands on him, though, so it could be a sample size thing, and I haven't seen him in a while, but he seemed to give a lot of people grief and he made the right play against me a lot.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:44 PM

i dont play much since i only 3 table. thats probably why. who are you?

ive never heard of gobears either.

edit 2: i have datamined hands on him, looks like he plays 400nl quite a bit, probably plays 400-1k usually
Old 09-04-2007, 10:47 PM

has anybody played with Toeswinger enough to guess if he's a winning player at 200NL?

i feel like i'm running sick bad, but it lasts so long that i can't blame it solely on variance. probably i've become pretty weak-tight after a few downswings. i'm trying to fix this, but i keep running bad.

also a general question:
how likely is it, an intelligent person who plays a lot (about 2000 hands a day) and also spends a lot of time reading 2+2, watching cardrunners videos and just "working on his game" the last four monts is actually a losing player at 200NL?
(i've played poker before for about half a year at 25NL to 100NL, but not that intensively)
Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont play much since i only 3 table. thats probably why. who are you?

ive never heard of gobears either.

edit 2: i have datamined hands on him, looks like he plays 400nl quite a bit, probably plays 400-1k usually

[/ QUOTE ]

That adds up about GoBears.

I'm PropositionMike
Old 09-04-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
has anybody played with Toeswinger enough to guess if he's a winning player at 200NL?

i feel like i'm running sick bad, but it lasts so long that i can't blame it solely on variance. probably i've become pretty weak-tight after a few downswings. i'm trying to fix this, but i keep running bad.

also a general question:
how likely is it, an intelligent person who plays a lot (about 2000 hands a day) and also spends a lot of time reading 2+2, watching cardrunners videos and just "working on his game" the last four monts is actually a losing player at 200NL?
(i've played poker before for about half a year at 25NL to 100NL, but not that intensively)

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, some people just don't get it. I haven't been able to work out exactly what set of characteristics are required for someone to be able to pick up poker well enough to make a decent crust out of it, but I've tried to teach some highly intelligent people who couldn't work it out at all, and I've played against some people thick as bricks who obviously just took to the game naturally. So I don't think intelligence is the only prerequisite.

I don't mean for that to sound dispiriting, it's just my experience.
Closed Thread