Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 04:07 AM

Default 50-1 plo, fire 3!!

Hand #35084273-12289 at Arnold (Pot Limit Omaha)
Started at 01/Nov/06 05:30:38

Bebop86 is at seat 0 with $7346 .
OUT_OF_GAS is at seat 1 with $17832 .
monkey1001 is at seat 3 with $11790 .
Tycoon11 is at seat 4 with $2100 .
uhadmoney is at seat 5 with $26368 .
The button is at seat 5.

Bebop86 posts the small blind of $50.
OUT_OF_GAS posts the big blind of $100.

Bebop86: [As Qh Jc 9s]

Pre-flop:
monkey1001 folds. Tycoon11 folds. uhadmoney folds.
Bebop86 raises to $300. OUT_OF_GAS calls.

Flop: (board: [Td 7s Kd])
Bebop86 bets $600. OUT_OF_GAS calls.
ok obv bet, standard blah blah.

Turn: (board: [Td 7s Kd][5s]

Bebop86 bets $1800. OUT_OF_GAS calls.

picked up nut spades, i dont have a problem pot getting it in on this turn, i have half the deck if he doesnt have diamonds, and even then i dont think im much worse than 35-40% against those hands. anyways, thoughts on a check push or a check call are welcome also..

River: (board: [Td 7s Kd][5s][4c]

Bebop86 goes all-in for $4646

anyways, thoughts on the whole hand, play in general. i figure he cant have KT or better because he likely jacks the flop, though he could call down light as he can put me on whiffed everything.. anyways, thoughts on checking river? raise hands if u like river shove, etc etc. holla
Old 11-02-2006, 04:55 AM

Default Re: 50-1 plo, fire 3!!

I like the turn bet as opposed to CRAI because you probably have more fold equity that way. I also think the river bluff is a must. The flop is fairly draw heavy so he could easily be on a draw and as you mentioned, everything missed.

There is some chance that he will fold a 2 pair type hand but that is doubtful because not much has changed. So if he's calling flop and turn with a made hand he'll probably also call river. But i don't think he has a made hand that he's willing to get allin with. If he did, wouldn't he get it in on the turn as opposed to letting you get there?

Anyway, i think he'll fold at least enough to make a river bluff 0 EV
Old 11-02-2006, 06:17 AM

Turn is clear bett call. He prob have nut diamonds + some kinda outs so its good. If you ever bet anything then max, a case for betting less on river can be made.

- B
Old 11-02-2006, 08:03 AM

Standard. Many players will fold TTT here.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:25 AM

wazz you are crazy, in my limited PLO experience TTT makes no sense to A) get to the river in this fashion and B) get to the river like this with the plan of folding if no draw hits.

i think a smart play in his position with KT is to call the flop with plan of raising blank turn and folding if something hits. smart guys? same with a set except that is more liekly to just pop flop. in either case they will raise the turn. the river bet to me seems closer, is it so hard to believe opponent picked up a weak two pair along the way? also, if hero has a set he plays it like this, but if he has something even as strong has KTxx, doesn't hero check/call river since all draws missed? so without being too dramatic it looks like hero has a set or nothing.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:57 AM

I'm not saying it makes any sense whatsoever to play TTT this way, just that there are quite a few weak-tight/tricky players who will call flop to fire out any blank turn, see you're betting your azz off on the turn and start to worry about KKK, and see you fire out for the pot on the river and think they're beat. About 50% of the standard TAGs and a few fishies will play KKK this way, so they would have reason to think about folding.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:06 AM

Your hand is seriously sexy on the turn. I think betting the river is an absolute must. I think villain is definitely raising a set on flop or turn here as the board is so draw heavy. I think some kind of JQddxx holding is really likely based on his flop and turn play, so I like the river shove.

TTT never folds that river btw.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:07 AM

I like the river bet. So many hands that were calling along are folding. You're not gonna get a fold from 101010 but i see someone folding top two.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:20 AM

You raise too much from the blinds dude. Not that this raise is dead wrong but added with the AAxx hand you posted, think about it.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You raise too much from the blinds dude. Not that this raise is dead wrong but added with the AAxx hand you posted, think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

have u ever played 25-50 online? i raise a lot because everyone is terrible. AA with a suit i dont have a problem reraising all day from the blinds because i DONT stack off when it comes JJ3 with my suit or whatever. both of the hands i posted were ridiculously standard preflop, but i could hear a case for not repotting aces. the thing is that u get 3bet rereraised so much in these games that im more than happy to stick it in against QQ27 with a suit who doesnt have a clue. if u think differently u wont beat the bigger games. holla