Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many Business & Finance magazines do you subscribe to?
1 10 71.43%
2 1 7.14%
3 2 14.29%
more than 3 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: cocaine addiction AND non-addiction: real stories/facts

[ QUOTE ]
Earlier this year we had a party at my house at college. We had a lamppost in the backyard of the house. The next morning everyone wakes up and starts drinking again. One of the kids there had a serious coke problem but had told everyone he had stopped. He had obviously done massive amounts of coke the night before and was making no sense as he rambled around. Finally he walks up to the lamppost with an absolutely crazy look in his eyes. He stared at it and started pointing like the lamppost was talking [censored]. He started talking [censored] back. Finally he rips the lamppost out of the ground and throws it as far as he could.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean.. i guess like.. i dno how to explain what im thinking.. ok so some ppl when they get drunk, they like to take their clothes off and jump in pools. some poeple like to go around and yell ship it holla and slap girls asses. some people like to punch other people in the face. for coke.. i guess some people just go batsh1t insane and attack lamps. some people like it when going out to clubs, and just enjoy the feeling. some people like to do a bit before sexual stuff. i dno its diff for everyone. i guess if ur a crazy person dont do it, but i think if ur normal you should try it at least once in your life.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Earlier this year we had a party at my house at college. We had a lamppost in the backyard of the house. The next morning everyone wakes up and starts drinking again. One of the kids there had a serious coke problem but had told everyone he had stopped. He had obviously done massive amounts of coke the night before and was making no sense as he rambled around. Finally he walks up to the lamppost with an absolutely crazy look in his eyes. He stared at it and started pointing like the lamppost was talking [censored]. He started talking [censored] back. Finally he rips the lamppost out of the ground and throws it as far as he could.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean.. i guess like.. i dno how to explain what im thinking.. ok so some ppl when they get drunk, they like to take their clothes off and jump in pools. some poeple like to go around and yell ship it holla and slap girls asses. some people like to punch other people in the face. for coke.. i guess some people just go batsh1t insane and attack lamps. some people like it when going out to clubs, and just enjoy the feeling. some people like to do a bit before sexual stuff. i dno its diff for everyone. i guess if ur a crazy person dont do it, but i think if ur normal you should try it at least once in your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i guess i should have stated that i do it ~1/3weeks, and this kid was probably crazy to begin with. But still watching him look at the lamppost totaly convinced was wierd/creepy
Old 02-27-2007, 06:23 PM

Personally I've never done coke on a regular basis cuz I've been scared of getting hooked, so I am curious about this thread.

However, it certainly seems that the eagerness of users to say that "it's addictive for others, but I'm fine with it" or "all this talk is over-rated" etc. is a pretty clear sign of psychological addiction and trying to rationalize. I've certainly seen that exact same behavior many times with people who are bad alcoholics and in denial.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:24 PM

I did if for like 3 weekends in jan. After the last weekend I had some left so I saved it. Even though I had it I didn't use it for about a week. Then I used it before a test because I was falling asleep hardcore.

But I haven't used it since. I probably will if it is offered to me, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get it.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do it, usually 2 times a week, sometimes more, sometimes less, personally, and honestly this should have no bearing on anything because its person specific, I think Id find it hard to get addicted. After awhile it isnt fun anymore, most of my friends are guys who have access to a lot of it, I rarely find my self jonesing for it though, and they have all done a ton for the last 6 to 7 years (because they have access to it), all of them are fairly stable and normal though. The only reason I plan on stopping soon is that I want a more regular sleep schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not addicted and it isn't fun anymore, why do you bother doing it?
Old 02-27-2007, 06:28 PM

I agree with most people in here and say that its more hyped up than anything yet at the sametime I do think its highly addicting if you let yourself get out of control.

I have a good friend who moved to South America for 7 years and when he came back he literally changed the face of my city with coke. (100,000 people approx.) I also have friends who have gone from doing it once a month to doing it 18 out of the last 20 days all within 6 months. There favorite line is "im not addicted at all I just do it for fun once in a while" yet they are up all night making multiple trips to a dealer until 7-8am a lot of nights.

Personally I have done it more than 10X yet I dont consider myself a regular user by any means. I have seen first hand how addicting it can be if you dont keep it under control. When I go to parties/hangout with friends I do have the urge to do it especially when I am drinking. When I am drinking it can be a very strong urge.

Its my friends birthday this upcoming weekend and he and I are telling eachother its our last time in a while. I guess this will be the true test.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:31 PM

I had a severe coke addiction that lasted about two years. I was doing pretty [censored] stupid [censored] for my addiction like dealing from my apartment with an assistant DA for a neighbor and doing it at work. To get over it I just had to get completely away from anyone that could possibly provide it for me. During the detox I just remember sleeping a lot for a month or two. I don't desire it anymore.

Overrall, cocaine is pretty [censored] when you consider the relatively lame buzz against the cost, the harsh crash at the end of the night and the propensity for causing addiction.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a severe coke addiction that lasted about two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you describe your usage and lifestyle at the time before and leading up to your addiction? would be very helpful!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cocaine is not addictive at least physically.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-27-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cocaine is not addictive at least physically.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, and is a far safer drug than many over the counter meds.