Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Straight / flush draw, bet turn?

Hero is at seat 2 with $51.20.
LEYES is at seat 4 with $46.70.

The button is at seat 4.

Al Pal posts the small blind of $.25.
Eggsactly posts the big blind of $.50.

Hero: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pre-flop:

drzimo folds. Hero raises to $1.75.
KryptoMantium folds. LEYES calls. Al Pal folds.
Eggsactly calls.

Flop 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Eggsactly checks. Hero bets $4. LEYES calls.
Eggsactly folds.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

who bets this turn? If I bet and get raised a standard amount then I'd have to fold, is it better to check-call? The advantages of bettting are that it builds the pot so that I can push and hope to get called if I hit, and it adds big deception to my hand if I hit as he's not going to put me on it. If I check -call the turn and then lead the river when a draw hits my implied odds go way down. Also seeing as he called me PF he may consider folding a non-strong ace here.

I'm not too worried about it being a paired board as quad 4s or AA are v unlikely here and I very much doubt he floats the flop with 55 given the board.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Straight / flush draw, bet turn?

I'm counting 15 outs for you. So even if you check and he bets pot you're still getting the right price. I would bet around 2/3 of the pot since it will probably be cheaper than if you check to him and he bets. Plus, your hand will be more concealed.