Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

Another response re: finding things there. Let's face it -- they aren't going to give me anything that will clearly implicate ridiculous amounts of cheating that they have not admitted to. If people think that I'm going there to do that sort of searching, I'm not. I just don't have the resources to do that in a few day span.

I'm going to report back on my smell test of the management there, the clean up going on, the explanation of the cheating, etc.

I will be asking questions and reporting back, but don't expect any groundbreaking dramabombs. In fact, if you think about it, this is a lose/lose for me in a lot of ways. If I SOMEHOW uncover significant dirt or something, then AP's credibility sinks even lower, the poker industry takes another hit in the media and I may even become a target (although the company has told me that they do not do that sort of thing and I believe them -- I'd be more worried about individuals). And if I come back without dramabombs, then BBV says "wtf" and says it was a waste. So it's really just about getting a feel for management, seeing their explanations and trying to help them get back on their feet in any way I can.

Also, the offer for Adanthar to take my place is very much on the table. I don't really WANT to do this, but I think it could be a good step for communication between AP and the online communities.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 PM

Nat- I have no doubt you will do a thorough job absorbing whatever you can. I would be shocked had this not been a paid trip at this point.
Thanks for the time involved.
If I think of things to ask that haven't been suggested yet I'll post them.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:28 PM

I don't understand why you're trying to help them get back on their feet. The people who own the company are responsible for the cheating, and you think that cleaning house will solve that problem? How do you wipe out the owners of a buisness and remain viable?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you're trying to help them get back on their feet. The people who own the company are responsible for the cheating, and you think that cleaning house will solve that problem? How do you wipe out the owners of a buisness and remain viable?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because AP being clean/open/honest/etc going forward is good for poker. If I don't think they're really committed to that I'll say so.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:32 PM

nat,

if you would like some company and assistance, i am free for the next few weeks
Old 10-23-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When are you leaving?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to say the details of the trip until I get back.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is going to cause a flood of it Nat alright? posts. Im sure someone on here knows the details and knows when it is too early to speculate, perhaps you can let us know that to put people's minds at ease
Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM

Will you turn off my doomswitch while there?

PM me for AP name.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2007, 05:34 PM

It's OK that you don't want to say just when ur trip is, but can u give those of us who want to submit questions for you just a ballpark date by which such requests must be in by? e.g. I want 36 hours to think my my Qs for you...you won't be gone by then, will u?

Also, I didn't c the answer to it in this thread, but did AP give u justification for not letting you look at the REALLY incriminating evidence? e.g. the actual cheaters' accounts?? LIke I said before, what's the point of getting a tour of the murder scene if u don't get to see the body/weapon?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When are you leaving?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to say the details of the trip until I get back.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is going to cause a flood of it Nat alright? posts. Im sure someone on here knows the details and knows when it is too early to speculate, perhaps you can let us know that to put people's minds at ease

[/ QUOTE ]
I will let certain people know the details and they will be able to answer that.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:35 PM

Who the hell is Nat? and why was he chosen to go down there? Is he a poker pro? This all seems crazy and fishy to me. What credentials does OP have that we should even care about him?