Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How would you characterize your vote?
I voted for Democrats 9 31.03%
I voted against Republicans 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And women dislike men who are sincerely confident and funny/playful? And prefer boring, uncreative men instead? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously that's a trick question, because no one boring and uncreative would ask it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 08:36 PM

gobbomom,

"you guys all apparently think that you need some sort of gimmick to attract a woman, or that you have to put on an "act" to get someone to succumb to your uber-humor/intelligence. This is really sad and definitely untrue. Women appreciate sincerity. No matter how old you/ we are, or what kind of "act" you put on, we can see whether you're being sincere or just being a player."

It's not about putting on an act, it's about gaining initial interest. The guys in this thread aren't guessing with their suggestions; they are suggesting these things because they work.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must say, after a few of the same type problems/seeking advice thread, that you guys really REALLY overthink how to handle a girl/woman/female and/or how to approach, etc. etc. As a woman, I can say that ANY man that comes up to us is usually (unless she's a major bitch) treated very well and even if we're not interested per say, we won't strike you down in front of your friends...for the most part that is. If you're getting this a lot then I'm thinking you're attracted and going after the wrong type of girl and maybe you should re-evaluate what a true woman is and what characteristics she has.

IMO, of course.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Tanya,

I admit to thinking about the "lathe approach" perhaps overmuch. That said, it has never failed.

Yours in woodworking,

Howard
Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's not about putting on an act, it's about gaining initial interest. The guys in this thread aren't guessing with their suggestions; they are suggesting these things because they work.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you ElD, seriously. Now I know.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gobbomom,

"Party at my place tomorrow 9pm. Be there or be square!"

"Party at my place tomorrow 9pm. Hope you can make it."

Mine is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hope you can make it" is too passive and gives them an "out". "Be there or be square", albeit corny, it's aggressive and bit funny which is much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, certainly "giving them an out" is a stupid, thoughtless thing to do [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

you guys all apparently think that you need some sort of gimmick to attract a woman, or that you have to put on an "act" to get someone to succumb to your uber-humor/intelligence. This is really sad and definitely untrue. Women appreciate sincerity. No matter how old you/ we are, or what kind of "act" you put on, we can see whether you're being sincere or just being a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thats very true actually, women appreciate sincerety, it will get you laid way quicker than any "neg-hits" or gimmicks. When you can fool all of the chicks all of the time, you will be able to get laid at will. And yes, you can fool them, if you would have never met me, and had know idea about what I do to get laid, youd think I was a bumbling, fool.

ps--- to the women of this forum who are going to say "no, way, we see right through that and know if you are being sincere or not". no. you dont.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ps--- to the women of this forum who are going to say "no, way, we see right through that and know if you are being sincere or not". no. you dont.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea really...you only see through the people who suck [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gobbomom,

"Party at my place tomorrow 9pm. Be there or be square!"

"Party at my place tomorrow 9pm. Hope you can make it."

Mine is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hope you can make it" is too passive and gives them an "out". "Be there or be square", albeit corny, it's aggressive and bit funny which is much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, certainly "giving them an out" is a stupid, thoughtless thing to do [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

you guys all apparently think that you need some sort of gimmick to attract a woman, or that you have to put on an "act" to get someone to succumb to your uber-humor/intelligence. This is really sad and definitely untrue. Women appreciate sincerity. No matter how old you/ we are, or what kind of "act" you put on, we can see whether you're being sincere or just being a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thats very true actually, women appreciate sincerety, it will get you laid way quicker than any "neg-hits" or gimmicks. When you can fool all of the chicks all of the time, you will be able to get laid at will. And yes, you can fool them, if you would have never met me, and had know idea about what I do to get laid, youd think I was a bumbling, fool.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you quids.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:01 AM

i know this is an extremely routine question but i was thinking about it recently and i'm trying to think of the right kind of things to say when getting set up with a blind date before you actually meet. the problem is that you are inherently setting yourself up in a weak position...

1) why do you even need to be set up?
2) why do you want to meet someone you've never met?

i feel like anything i might write in this email (i was given email address not phone number) is going to come off as loser-ish. same deal with offering to take the girl out to dinner... why do i want to take out a girl i haven't met?

"hi, i just got back from maryland, so-and-so gave me your email, lets go meet for drinks" is about the best i can come up with.

i can't think of any way to come off as lighthearted and funny here with a line like "bring your own shoelaces".

meh. i am pathetic.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea really...you only see through the people who suck [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think the correct phrase is we see through the men we WANT to see through, and don't see through the ones we don't want to.

Of course, that's just an older woman talking now....

T
Old 10-18-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think the correct phrase is we see through the men we WANT to see through, and don't see through the ones we don't want to.

Of course, that's just an older woman talking now....

T

[/ QUOTE ]

heh I've said the same thing in alot of pua threads in OOT. A girl will let herself get picked up if you're good, even if your techniques are somewhat transparent.
Closed Thread