Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Cash games at Fallsview prior to WPT?

How long in advance of the WPT event in late Oct. at Fallsview are the cash games good? In my past experience at Foxwoods, while the smaller buy-in tournaments were running in the weeks before the major tourny would start, the tables were super packed and very juicey. Since I can't seem to find a tournament schedule on the Fallsview poker room webpage, I'm not even sure that they run any other tournaments prior to the $10k main event...
I've recently moved from the US to Canada, and any info would be helpful!

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Cash games at Fallsview prior to WPT?

Fallsview didn't run any smaller buy-in tourneys (except satellites, of course) before last year's major tourney.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:56 PM

the cash games at fallsview are juicy 24-7-365. If anything i'd assume they'd be harder around tourney time due to the influx of knowledgeable and competent players coming to town as an improvement over the usual donkeys.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:51 PM

I went last year during the WPT. I didn't like the poker-romm at all.

-We pay the rake per half-hour, but every half an hour, the floorman would show up to make a setup in the dealer's chip-rack, that would last 3 to 5 minutes.

-We were very tight. There was always someone who was bumping our chairs.

-U cant eat or drink ( unless it come from the cocktail waitress ) in the room. U can't eat an apple or a chocolat bar. On the other way, I was playing the WPT-event too ( it wasn't held in the poker-room, but in the convention'center ) & there was a nice buffet, dessert & soft drink all day long for all WPT'player. But don't consider to bring anything in the poker-room.

- Forever lineup for cash game during the WPT. They didn't open any tables in the convention even if there was many available.

- Noise. We can hear the gling gling gling of the slots 24/24 & once in a while we can hear the "performers" ( or whatever it is ) from the karaoke'bar next to the poker-room.

- Cell phone. NO CELL PHONE is the rule. U have to keep in ur pocket period. If U pull out from ur pocket to check the clock, a floor will run at U & notice U that U cant use a cell phone in the poker-room. & this, even if ur 15 steps from ur table.

-U can't be in the poker-room if ur not currently playing & have a seat. So if U want to talk with a friend who is playing, U have to scream from the rail to get his attention.

- jpp
Old 08-19-2007, 11:22 PM

Fallsview always has plenty of 5-5 blind 500 max games.
They added smaller games 8 months ago, and now run a couple 2-5 200max, and 1-2 100 max.
Everytime Ive been there there is at least one bigger game going. Last night there were 2 tables of 5-10 1000max, and at about 9pm a bunch of players left my 5-10 to join a 10-20NL that was opening, which i believe was no cap.
I know they get bigger going, up to 25-50 NL on weekends.

During tourney time they will definitely have a bunch of decent sized games.
There is one prelim event, just like last year.