Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 01:21 PM

Default 88 checkup

SB is 17/9/1.3, a bad tight passive who will certainly stack off with TPTK and any overpair. UTG is a loose passive who I just watched call an overbet-all-in with a non nut flushdraw. These players are the reason for the preflop call. Given the dubious pf call, comments on rest of hand as played?

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10./$0.25.
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $39.25
UTG+1: $12.85
Hero: $33.75
Button: $50.50
SB: $25.60
BB: $14.45

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $4.6</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($14.05, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($14.05, 3 players)

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($14.05, 3 players)

Results:
Final pot: $14.05
Old 12-11-2006, 01:24 PM

Default Re: 88 checkup

Too passive. I might at least make a stab at the pot on the turn (especially since you're last to act and they just checked to you). If you get a call, then I'd just c/fold.
Your reads on the other players helps, but if SB is so weak-tight, why not put a bet out there and get it HU?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:28 PM

Yea have a shot at the turn. Only needs to be $8 or so.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:30 PM

I think a turn bet is definitely called for, but Is betting the flop then bet/folding turn better? JJ/QQ may not fold to the flop bet but I doubt they will stick around for 2 streets. This is based on my read that I don't think these players will check flop with AK/KQ, but maybe with KK/99. Am I thinking correctly here?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:38 PM

I like it fine, you say you have a tight PASSIVE that repopped you pf and then some psycho in the pot.

Well ... the tight passive range seems to be high pocket pairs and AK ... which has you crushed

And the other one ... who knows `?

The King paired, so if the tight passive does not have it, then he is less likely to give you credit for it. He might not bet, but I'm guessing he will call.

I would also just check it down.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:38 PM

Yep, no matter what Your hand is, if 2 people checked the flop and the turn to You, bet 2/3 of the pot in position. You will succeed in more than half of Your trys. Your hand doesn't matter any more here!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, no matter what Your hand is, if 2 people checked the flop and the turn to You, bet 2/3 of the pot in position. You will succeed in more than half of Your trys. Your hand doesn't matter any more here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude this is really bad advice. The only time when I'm even close to betting any flop is if I raised preflop and got it heads up and then was checked to on the flop.

Autobetting anything 3-way is not good. If the flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or anything with a strong amount of draws, there is no way you're succeeding half the in just blindly betting into 2 opponents.

You've probably heard it again and again, but poker is a game of millions of situations, and giving general advice like this is a one way ticket to busto.